Justin Ross - WR

Bo Melton - WR

Matt Waletzko - OT

Jamaree Salyer - OG

Darian Kinnard - OL

Max Mitchell - OT

Khalil Shakir - WR

Zach Tom - OG

Not draft I would have done, but I watched our picks some last night and they are good football players and great athletes.  

CB particularly is a rare position so if you can get a good one in 2nd it is almost never a bad choice.  

The secondary was a major weakness on team, if first two picks pan out we effectively made it from a weakness to a strength. 

Velus would not have been my pick that high, but I think people are underrating him.   New NFL is looking for RB/WRS now and he fits the bill.  

Bottom line if a guy ends up being a useful player it doesn’t matter that much where in draft he goes.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

No idea why Perrion Winfrey is still on the board...shocked Woolen is...Uwazurike could be out guy in the 5th if he gets there...

There is still some good talent out there especially when it comes to OT for this scheme...

Yeah...just looked up the "Best Available" on the ESPN draft tracker...and was pretty floored. What a weird ******* draft. Weirder than I even expected, and I expected a LOT of weird. 

There are a bunch of good OTs left, but I'm even more intrigued by the guards. Kinnard, Salyer, Smith, etc. 

So, never thought I say this, but...

11 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Do you think we trade up into the fourth?  

At this point I think Poles should move heaven and earth to get into the top part of the fourth round. It would be sweet if he could trade Jackson to do so, but that's most likely a pipe dream. No one is gonna want that guy. 

I'd even be happy with trading picks in next year's draft just to get into the fourth--another thing I didn't think I'd be saying, just a couple of days ago. 

Use both fifths Poles, do whatever (within reason), at this point I don't care! 

10 hours ago, Epyon said:

At this point I'm hoping for a trade up to get Calvin Austin-WR

We needed a wr who could actually run a damn route and actually get open on purpose.

I like Austin, too. Some other good WRs still available...and such a move wouldn't upset me at all.

I do still believe the thing that occurred to me yesterday, though. Waiting until the third for WR...and then drafting Jones suggests to me Poles will make a significant signing there. Maybe he was as confused by all the OL in the first as I was?

We'll see. 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Trade up (148 and 186) into the 4th for Max Mitchell or Zach Tom and keep 150 and take a WR (and then prioritize Ezzard as a UDFA if he somehow makes it there)

Works for me. Hopefully Poles is lurking about these here parts this morning.

😁

Edited by Heinz D.

25 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

In no order these are the players I'm looking at

Rasheed Walker - OT

Jalen Wydermyer - TE

Calvin Austin - WR

Justin Ross - WR

Bo Melton - WR

Matt Waletzko - OT

Jamaree Salyer - OG

Darian Kinnard - OL

Max Mitchell - OT

Khalil Shakir - WR

Zach Tom - OG

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but I read that Wydermyer went from a top 64 lock last year to being borderline undraftable. I guess his combine was atrocious. The site that computes RAS has him as one of the least athletic TE's to ever be in the draft

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but I read that Wydermyer went from a top 64 lock last year to being borderline undraftable. I guess his combine was atrocious. The site that computes RAS has him as one of the least athletic TE's to ever be in the draft

I just remember watching him two years ago and he was out standing, if they can get that out of him again then he could be a decent player.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

What would be the plan you'd go with?

I said if earlier. With all the talent still available, I’d just sit tight and grab two contributors. They will likely be there.

Then we can now Add 3 more guys to the back end of the roster, likely some lottery tickets. Hope one of them hits

Okay guys. After taking the night and this morning to sit and analyze our draft and off season thus far, I had a thought. I know this is contrary to what our off season philosophy is but maybe Poles feels that considering the resources that we have available that the biggest impact that could be made to improve the team this year was to improve our inefficiencies on defense rather than on offense. The resource needed to make a big impact on offense are going to be considerable so rather than spending those resources on a couple of impact players on offense he felt that we could spend those resources on defense on more positions and have plug an play players on day one. Maybe he wanted to solidify one side of the ball and will attack the other side of the ball when he has much more ammo to throw at it. I'm not sure how much I agree with this but maybe this is how he is looking at it.

8 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I said if earlier. With all the talent still available, I’d just sit tight and grab two contributors. They will likely be there.

Then we can now Add 3 more guys to the back end of the roster, likely some lottery tickets. Hope one of them hits

Now it's 5 with the two 7th rounders added

33 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Through pick #121, the following are still available:

Shakir

Austin

Waletzko

Tom

Kinnard

Salyer

With 12 picks to go, all of the above are still free.

I appreciate Tampa and Baltimore drafting punters.

I really like the corner KC just took. He's got really nice tape

• Like 1