Day 3 of Draft: Discussion and Projections

CBears019

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Now it's 5 with the two 7th rounders added

I know no was saying the 5th look like they could still be year one contributors

Then the next 3 picks would be the lottery tickets, but even those could be good guys if talent keeps falling

11 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Okay guys. After taking the night and this morning to sit and analyze our draft and off season thus far, I had a thought. I know this is contrary to what our off season philosophy is but maybe Poles feels that considering the resources that we have available that the biggest impact that could be made to improve the team this year was to improve our inefficiencies on defense rather than on offense. The resource needed to make a big impact on offense are going to be considerable so rather than spending those resources on a couple of impact players on offense he felt that we could spend those resources on defense on more positions and have plug an play players on day one. Maybe he wanted to solidify one side of the ball and will attack the other side of the ball when he has much more ammo to throw at it. I'm not sure how much I agree with this but maybe this is how he is looking at it.

You may be correct, I think he just went with the best talent available with our 2nd rounders. 

And I still have questions about where we picked Jones, but he’s clearly someone they identified S someone who they wanted

14 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Okay guys. After taking the night and this morning to sit and analyze our draft and off season thus far, I had a thought. I know this is contrary to what our off season philosophy is but maybe Poles feels that considering the resources that we have available that the biggest impact that could be made to improve the team this year was to improve our inefficiencies on defense rather than on offense. The resource needed to make a big impact on offense are going to be considerable so rather than spending those resources on a couple of impact players on offense he felt that we could spend those resources on defense on more positions and have plug an play players on day one. Maybe he wanted to solidify one side of the ball and will attack the other side of the ball when he has much more ammo to throw at it. I'm not sure how much I agree with this but maybe this is how he is looking at it.

The offense will be improved, but nonetheless I think you're essentially right there. Stabilize that side, then explode on offense with a full slate of picks and tons of cap room in 2023.  He'll bring in a lot of late round guys and UDFA, see if anybody sticks. 

Also, keep in mind Eberflus is a defensive guy. He might go ape**** if his D couldn't function the way he wants. 😄

Edited by Heinz D.