Day 3 of Draft: Discussion and Projections

CBears019

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

They did very well. Jets are close (or better). 

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

The Ravens crushed this draft.  

And then there's Chicago... which has definitely been one of the teams attending the draft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

And then there's Chicago... which has definitely been one of the teams attending the draft.

Poles should have traded up into the 4th. After that, he seemed confident that some of targets would be there at his picks, and--WHOOPS! Let's hope it's a lesson learned. Can't always adhere strictly to your own personal draft values. Other teams out there want good players, too. The hope is that we can chalk it up to inexperience. 

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Poles should have traded up into the 4th. After that, he seemed confident that some of targets would be there at his picks, and--WHOOPS! Let's hope it's a lesson learned. Can't always adhere strictly to your own personal draft values. Other teams out there want good players, too. The hope is that we can chalk it up to inexperience. 

This is like your opinion.

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

They did very well. Jets are close (or better). 

I like what Detroit did and KC did things that are good for their team.

If you include trade Eagles had a high end weekend.   

GB could have done a lot better and so could have Vikings.

• Like 1

Guys on the board yet that interest me:

Damone Clark-ILB (no idea why he's falling... off field stuff maybe?) EDIT: Oh... wow ok... He had spinal fusion surgery... off my board then.

Kyle Phillips-WR  (Underrated guy)

Kevin Austin JR-WR  (This guy is pickens... super high ceiling, with some injury history and some sizable off field concerns)

Kalon Barnes-CB  (probably the most athletic guy in the entire draft)

Bo Melton-WR  (kind of a wr/rb hybrid guy... might overlap too much with velus)

Airiza-P (MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGA PUNT)

Hankins-CB (Just a quality zone corner)

There's bound to be a bunch of OL guys in there too, but my draft plans had us getting a guy in the first 3 rounds, so I didn't do much super late rounder scouting. Also wouldn't mind a TE selection if there's upside pick... Most of the guys this late are shots in the dark on traits.

Edited by Epyon

Just now, Heinz D. said:

Yeah? You should have went full Dude there, though. 😉

Do you love the Bears draft, or hate it, or what? 

I couldn't remember if it was man or dude.  I don't hate it or love it, I like the Gordon pick the others so far a meh. I am going to wait and see how the team build plays out over the next two years.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I like what Detroit did and KC did things that are good for their team.

If you include trade Eagles had a high end weekend.   

GB could have done a lot better and so could have Vikings.

Detroit is a meh in my book. Trading for a guy who will start the season on IR is a pretty questionable move for a team like the Lions. Still, they did right overall. KC was solid although I'm not overly impressed. No idea what the hell Gutenkunst was thinking. Watson is a great prospect, but to expect him to shine right out of the gate is kinda dumb. The Vikings botched it, IMO.