Day 3 of the 2022 NFL draft.

Kiwibrown

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

TE, DT, OL x2, LB and S today imo.

Agree about our linebacker. I'd like a fs if there is one to compete with lecounte. Move on from ronnie. 

And a linebacker 100%

What dont you like about our oline?

Wils

Bit

Harris

Teller 

Conklin

Hudson

Dunn

Hance 

Ethan 

All seem solid to me.

27 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Agree about our linebacker. I'd like a fs if there is one to compete with lecounte. Move on from ronnie. 

And a linebacker 100%

What dont you like about our oline?

Wils

Bit

Harris

Teller 

Conklin

Hudson

Dunn

Hance 

Ethan 

All seem solid to me.

Dunn and Hance are nothing more than backups at best. Nothing wrong with them per se, but they’re not going to be developing into starters at this point.  I’d just like to get a guy with a higher ceiling who could perhaps be a starter in a couple years, like they did with Harris.

So we’ve got 3 picks in the first 19 today. 

A TE is definitely going at one of those slots. I think we pull the trigger on a defensive tackle and offensive lineman as well. 

I’m going 

108. Isaiah Likely

118. Otito Ogbonnia

124. Spencer Burford

Of course I’d still love Winfrey but I think our FO hates him for some reason. He’ll probably get picked by the Steelers or Bengals. 

8 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Of course I’d still love Winfrey but I think our FO hates him for some reason. He’ll probably get picked by the Steelers or Bengals. 

They hate defensive Front 7 players who are non edge rushers or do things in coverage. We will just roll with Elliot and Togiai and wonder why we are 31st in the NFL vs the run and why we can’t rush the passer outside of Myles when we are 30th in the NFL in blitz rate.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 2

Between Ross’s medical history and testing numbers, he might not get drafted. I’ve already talked myself into Bell as a slot value guy. The other two picks are the equivalent of my wife asking me to take a nap with her and by nap she actually means nap when I think wife initiated sex is on the board.

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

They hate defensive Front 7 players who are non edge rushers or do things in coverage. We will just roll with Elliot and Togiai and wonder why we are 31st in the NFL vs the run

We had like the 12th ranked run defense in the league last year both in total yards and YPC.

Our only front 7 losses are the corpse of Malik Jackson and McDowell who, despite flashing at times, isn’t irreplaceable.

If we don’t resign Clowney, yes, we’re in trouble, but some R2 DT isn’t likely to be some transformative piece to this defense.

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

and why we can’t rush the passer outside of Myles when we are 30th in the NFL in blitz rate.

We drafted a DE last night night lol.  You’re irrationally ranting at this point lol 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We had like the 12th ranked run defense in the league last year both in total yards and YPC.

Our only front 7 losses are the corpse of Malik Jackson and McDowell who, despite flashing at times, isn’t irreplaceable.

If we don’t resign Clowney, yes, we’re in trouble, but some R2 DT isn’t likely to be some transformative piece to this defense.

You underrate Takk IMO.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We drafted a DE last night night lol.  You’re irrationally ranting at this point lol 

Nobody will convince me Emerson was a good pick for value there, period. This organization has crapped on linebackers for 20 years and look where that’s gotten us, all while the Ojabo’s and Jones’s of the world go to rivals. 

Metchie was one of my top ranked sleeper guys as well. I don’t like Berry’s philosophy or agree with it. Maybe it works out, which is the most common precursor statement along with “I trust _____” over the past 25 years, and frankly, I don’t agree with or think these were good value picks at all. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

You underrate Takk IMO.

Forgot about him, but Winovich is pretty similar tbh.

Nobody will convince me Emerson was a good pick for value there, period. This organization has crapped on linebackers for 20 years and look where that’s gotten us, all while the Ojabo’s and Jones’s of the world go to rivals. 

I mean, his play will ultimately determine this.  If he’s a long term starter, it’s a good pick regardless as to whether or not you’ve dug your heels in.

If he, or any other player, sucks, it doesn’t matter how much hype they had on draft day it was a bad pick.

Metchie was one of my top ranked sleeper guys as well. I don’t like Berry’s philosophy or agree with it. Maybe it works out, which is the most common precursor statement along with “I trust _____” over the past 25 years, and frankly, I don’t agree with or think these were good value picks at all. 

What part of the philosophy don’t you agree with?

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Forgot about him, but Winovich is pretty similar tbh.

Let’s hope so

I mean, his play will ultimately determine this.  If he’s a long term starter, it’s a good pick regardless as to whether or not you’ve dug your heels in.

If he’s a long term starter with Ward and Newsome I’d be absolutely shocked, and he’s not a good slot fit at all.

If he, or any other player, sucks, it doesn’t matter how much hype they had on draft day it was a bad pick.

Absolutely agree

What part of the philosophy don’t you agree with?

Value, specifically value meeting need. Emerson has zero value this year and likely nothing outside of depth due to injuries past 2022 and beyond. Wright I can get behind as a project meeting need and Bell might be a plug and play slot, so same there. Emerson reeks of smartest man in the room and I always hate our past picks like that. See: Chad Thomas with Hubbard on the board, etc etc etc in the third