2022 Draft - Day 3

gopherwrestler

I would not hate another corner in the 4th.  Especially if they could steal Tariq Woolen or Zyon McCollum both are great athletes with great size.  Could be good pickups and just adding depth.

Odd they picked Asomoah over Christian Harris, Nakobe Dean and Chad Muma who are all better players much less or Leo Chenal and Damone Clark if they are looking for a ILB which seems odd in itself.  Just seems like an odd pick and if one wants an athletic undersized ILB who can run Benard on Baylor is an undersized ILB and was far more productive in terms of getting after the QB.

In terms of DL another guy would help, wish they would have got Travis Jones but they passed on him.  Could still get Eyioma Uwazurike who could fit great and is huge, Otito Ogbonnia is decent as well as a NT potentially.

Would love a TE at some point also, Austin Allen could be really interesting at that size or Kolar on Iowa State along with a few others.  

• Like 1

Gotta think we go WR/TE/DL at some point. Then maybe another CB/S for depth or possibly both cuz why not? Maybe another OT for depth?

Depends on what they think about current depth, but i would think RB/QB/IOL/LB would likely be off the board entirely. But who knows?

Some guys I'd still have some interest in:

CB - Woolen/McCollum/Akeyleb Evans

DL - Winfrey/Butler 

WR - Doubs/Ross/Weston

TE - Likely/Otton/Kolar - a fair amount left on the board at this position so can likely get a good one anywhere

OL - Diesch/Walker

24 minutes ago, meixdaddy_10 said:

Gotta think we go WR/TE/DL at some point. Then maybe another CB/S for depth or possibly both cuz why not? Maybe another OT for depth?

Depends on what they think about current depth, but i would think RB/QB/IOL/LB would likely be off the board entirely. But who knows?

Some guys I'd still have some interest in:

CB - Woolen/McCollum/Akeyleb Evans

DL - Winfrey/Butler 

WR - Doubs/Ross/Weston

TE - Likely/Otton/Kolar - a fair amount left on the board at this position so can likely get a good one anywhere

OL - Diesch/Walker

I like Gray, WR as well

Most awful thing about the Vikings draft, they traded away picks for two divisional opponents to get very key positions on there team with the Lions getting Jameson Williams and the Packers getting Christian Watson.  Both teams BADLY needed WR help and with how quickly WRs were going off the board....

Both Williams and Watson could really beat up the Vikings potentially and since when is it a good idea to do draft day trades with your division rivals?  Whatever move down but you have to trade with teams in your division?  Jameson if he is healthy could destroy the Vikings and could be an amazing rookie and the Vikings basically gave him to the Lions and did not get much in return.  

Vikings do need a vertical threat and these guys could be it, and would not mind taking a flyer on Ross but could wait for Rambo potentially and Austin or Thompkins.  

Romeo Doubs Nevada
Calvin Austin III Memphis
Justyn Ross Clemson RS JR
Charleston Rambo Miami FL RS JR
Kevin Austin Jr Notre Dame
Bo Melton Rutgers RS
Deven Thompkins Utah State

Calvin Austin would make me feel alot better about the draft today, but i doubt it happens. 

And id like to see them take a chance on Sam Howell if he's there in the 4th. Because why the heck not? Let Mannion sit on the practice squad and develop Mond/Howell all season. 

I'm amazed at some of the slides for players i thought would go by today.   For the Vikes, TE is a big position of need, unless Ellefson and the guy drafted last year have made impressions.   Likely and Kosar would be good options.

CB could be a position we go back to, but I feel that would be a 6th or 7th luxury pick.  

Kingsley Engabar would be a dark horse pick for the 4th or 5th.   

But I agree WR needs some attention in the 5th or 6th.  I'm thinking a tall guy like Justyn Ross or Tay Martin would be decent option.    Martin was way underrated at WSU but flashed big plays at OK St.  

5 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Rounds 4, 5, 6, 7

Who would everyone love to see today?

Mine. 
Faalele, Strong, Doubs, Likely, West

and my one Gem I do really like hidden out there yet is Tyreke Smith

I'd love to see us somehow trade for Dean from Philly, get Williams off Detroits roster and Watson off of GBs roster. Then I want a Kwesi press conference apologizing for mistakes and begging to keep his job on his knees.

22 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

Calvin Austin would make me feel alot better about the draft today, but i doubt it happens. 

And id like to see them take a chance on Sam Howell if he's there in the 4th. Because why the heck not? Let Mannion sit on the practice squad and develop Mond/Howell all season. 

Let Mannion play the preseason, cut him and then hire him as an assistant coach, ala Terence Newman.