2022 Draft - Day 3

gopherwrestler

11 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Will Charlie Kolar make it to the Vikes?  I'd like him as a huge red zone target!   

Would be very complimentary to Irv.  

But, how's his blocking?

Wouldn't mind another TE but I like Wydermeyer & Ferguson who I think could do similar things that Conklin did

Just now, mattyice0401 said:

Kinda of surprised to see all the hate on Kwesi but still would rather have slick rick who didnt amount to much in his 9 or 10 years here

I'm thinking we all need to give the 2022 Vikings a chance to play 6 games before we judge too harshly . . . But man, they had a chance to add a WR or TE right there . . . Those guys won't be around long.    Then what?   We get a 6th round value guy?  

Heck, we might as well pick the safety from South Dakota State that has a 44" vertical, right?   I'm starting to scratch my head . . . 

1 minute ago, AP_allday2869 said:

What do you mean? Getting two 5th round picks was good value.

Is it? Im tired of collecting extra later picks for earlier picks. Why not for once just stick and take the BPA? WHY try to get cute? I dont get it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

I'm thinking we all need to give the 2022 Vikings a chance to play 6 games before we judge too harshly . . . But man, they had a chance to add a WR or TE right there . . . Those guys won't be around long.    Then what?   We get a 6th round value guy?  

Heck, we might as well pick the safety from South Dakota State that has a 44" vertical, right?   I'm starting to scratch my head . . . 

I have no problem with people complaining now as long as theyre all pro Vikings when the season rolls out because our team is who it is 

5 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

Is it? Im tired of collecting extra later picks for earlier picks. Why not for once just stick and take the BPA? WHY try to get cute? I dont get it. 

Most of the extra picks have been mid round picks, though? You can still get starters and great backups with those picks. 

We wanted a new era of Vikings football with analytics. So, a master of the new era begins employing these analytics via trades during the draft. Annnd, people are mad. God forbid we wait for all the draft picks and trade pieces to play out. Zero patience.

Edited by AP_allday2869

2 minutes ago, Boda said:

So the Packers have now just drafted a 2nd WR I liked and will now be forced to hate.  Green Bay's passing attack will be just fine unfortunately

I've said it before, but Christian Watson is not worth being scared over. Small school skill positions just don't translate ever. He will only find relative success because of who his quarterback is, and not because of the player he will be. And there is no reason to be worried about a 4th round rookie, either.

2 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Most of the extra picks have been mid round picks, though? You can still get starters and great backups with those picks. 

We wanted a new era of Vikings football with analytics. So, a master of the new era begins employing these analytics via trades during the draft. Annnd, people are mad. God forbid we wait for all the draft picks and trade pieces to play out. Zero patience.

True . . . And I'm not even responding to the garbage being posted on one of the social media giants . . . Vikes Fans Uncensored . . . Its ridiculous people are either jumping off cliffs, or just shy of making death threats . . . Over?   Something we may love passionately, but does it really impact our lives?   Do we have an ounce of say, other than to boycott games and merchandise?   

I am surprised at the amount of moves, but KOC and staff are pounding the table for guys they want, just like Bud, Burnsie, Denny and all the others have over the decades.   Love the stir.

• Like 1