2022 Draft - Day 3

gopherwrestler

1 minute ago, AP_allday2869 said:

I've said it before, but Christian Watson is not worth being scared over. Small school skill positions just don't translate ever. He will only find relative success because of who his quarterback is, and not because of the player he will be. And there is no reason to be worried about a 4th round rookie, either.

Adam Thielen?

5 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Most of the extra picks have been mid round picks, though? You can still get starters and great backups with those picks. 

We wanted a new era of Vikings football with analytics. So, a master of the new era begins employing these analytics via trades during the draft. Annnd, people are mad. God forbid we wait for all the draft picks and trade pieces to play out. Zero patience.

Whats wrong with sticking at the picks and taking BPA? How is that such a forbidden thing here? 

The Detroit trade was a master move? Seems like you just blindly support whatever he does. Im not gonna do that. 

2 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

I've said it before, but Christian Watson is not worth being scared over. Small school skill positions just don't translate ever. He will only find relative success because of who his quarterback is, and not because of the player he will be. And there is no reason to be worried about a 4th round rookie, either.

Oops . . . Terrell Owens, Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Adam T and a host of others would beg to differ.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I'm not a fan of getting more picks after round three... So, I guess I'm not liking today much. Hope they hit on this....

4th round is my cut off personally but it really depends how the board falls and who's where but generally I'd rather trade up than down

Just now, Eric dunn said:

Whats wrong with sticking at the picks and taking BPA? How is that such a forbidden thing here? 

The Detroit trade was a master move? Seems like you just blindly support whatever he does. Im not gonna do that. 

Yeah, where have you been? I have obliterated the Ed Ingram pick, and I think it's the worst pick of the last several drafts. In additoin to hating the Detroit trade... You have zero patience, dude. You are hating to hate. This isn't the old regime. We need to see how it all pans out before we reach a verdict.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, solidvikingfan said:

Because they think Thielen is injury prone and will be gone next year.

Salary plays a part & Im in the group that thinks a team should draft a WR in the first 4 rounds every year

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Oops . . . Terrell Owens, Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Adam T and a host of others would beg to differ.

Okay, now who has all panned out in the last 10 years? When the data is actually relevant? Theilen, sure. But it is few and far in between. NDSU, for example, has never put out any talent that a team is scared to go against. Other than Billy Turner, who plays OL.

Edited by AP_allday2869

Yeah, where have you been? I have obliterated the Ed Ingram pick, and I think it's the worst pick of the last several drafts. In additoin to hating the Detroit trade... You have zero patience, dude. You are hating to hate. This isn't the old regime. We need to see how it all pans out before we reach a verdict.

Im not hating to hate. Outside of the Booth pick. What has he done this draft to make you confident the VIkings are closer to a Super Bowl?

3 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Theilen is old, and the depth behind him and JJ isn't very good. Osborn is a good slot, but who knows if he is a decent outside guy or not.

I still like ISM too just dont think great WR depth is a bad thing.  In Zimmers Offense the depth was fine because we ran mostly 2 WR sets but im assuming we'll see lots more 3 and 4 WR sets

Okay, now who has all panned out in the last 10 years? When the data is actually relevant? Theilen, sure. But it is few and far in between. NDSU, for example, has never put out any talent that a team is scared to go against. Other than Billy Turner, who plays OL.

I know im being an *** here but few and far is a lot different than never

1 minute ago, Eric dunn said:

Im not hating to hate. Outside of the Booth pick. What has he done this draft to make you confident the VIkings are closer to a Super Bowl?

He hasn't done anything to make me think they are close to a Super Bowl. But, I'm not going to crap over every single move that the guy makes. I'm actually going to be patient with the results

2 minutes ago, Boda said:

I know im being an *** here but few and far is a lot different than never

How about this, they ALMOST never pan out. Happy? Especially since all the players you listed other than Adam, where drafted 20+ years ago lol

Edited by AP_allday2869