2022 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

AFF

1 minute ago, 43M said:

While I agree, I think what @BradfordSteelermeant is that this offense needs to show some progression this year.    I can handle growing pains and stuff like that, but there will no longer be the excuses "he doesnt have a QB who can move around or run his RPO well" or "he doesnt have anyone who can stretch the field".

If this offense looks as bad as 2021 and doesnt make adjustments, which was the case most of last year, I will call for his job every chance I get.    I already dont think he should be here.     He has an uphill battle. 

Yep, this explains it better than I did.

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

70 picks in between our 4th and 6th round picks. Won’t be surprised at all to see us trade a 2023 pick to get back into the 5th

Which ones exactly?  We have no 5th next year.  So that means moving our 4th.  For a 5th in a meh draft?

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I hope not. Tired of seeing us trade away picks all the time.

Bc those late round picks have such a high success rate…. 

if they like a player who may actually make the team, go up and get them.  I wouldn’t give up a 4th, but a 6th or 7th who cares.

Edited by Blitzburgh

1 minute ago, Blitzburgh said:

if they like a player who may actually make the team, go up and get them.

You do realize the success rate in the 5th round isnt much different than 6th round and even 7th round, right?   

And you also realize that to move back into the 5th round THIS year, we would likely have to trade a 4th from NEXT year, right?

Pass.

7 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

if they like a player who may actually make the team, go up and get them.  I wouldn’t give up a 4th, but a 6th or 7th who cares.

Idc about success rate so much as properly using those picks which we do not seem to do well. For example, the time we traded a future pick to get Mason Rudolph 

17 minutes ago, 43M said:

And you also realize that to move back into the 5th round THIS year, we would likely have to trade a 4th from NEXT year, right?

Pass.

Isn’t that exactly what we did last year for Loudermilk?

Im not vouching for it to happen, just saying it wouldn’t surprise me.

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Isn’t that exactly what we did last year for Loudermilk?

Im not vouching for it to happen, just saying it wouldn’t surprise me.

It wouldnt surprise me either.

I'd just rather it not happen.

Im all for trading up early in the draft for the right player.   And if we werent a team trying to rebuild, I wouldnt mind trading picks late either.

But for the position we are in, especially considering next year we will likely get ZERO comp picks....Ill pass on trading future picks right now.

51 minutes ago, 43M said:

While I agree, I think what @BradfordSteelermeant is that this offense needs to show some progression this year.    I can handle growing pains and stuff like that, but there will no longer be the excuses "he doesnt have a QB who can move around or run his RPO well" or "he doesnt have anyone who can stretch the field".

If this offense looks as bad as 2021 and doesnt make adjustments, which was the case most of last year, I will call for his job every chance I get.    I already dont think he should be here.     He has an uphill battle. 

Canada will put in a totally new passing game.  That will take tie but all Qbs will be on the same page

• Like 1