2022 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

AFF

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

ca3.jpg

I think Austin will be a nice player for us, and I at least appreciate they recognized the need for a guy who can take the top off of Ds.

He likely wont come close to what Hill is, but if he is even half that, we got good value in round 4.

I just watched a reel of Austin and I gotta say, I was way more impressed than I thought I would be. I liked the pick,  but he “wow”d me  

His route running was nice. I didn’t expect that. I expected the small school speedster who never needed to learn how to get someone to open their hips just to rip their heart out. If he can keep refining that, danger….

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

I just watched a reel of Austin and I gotta say, I was way more impressed than I thought I would be. I liked the pick,  but he “wow”d me  

His route running was nice. I didn’t expect that. I expected the small school speedster who never needed to learn how to get someone to open their hips just to rip their heart out. If he can keep refining that, danger….

Saw a stat that stated he ran over 90% of his routes on the outside…saw people calling him dri archer 2.0 but people couldn’t be bothered to look 5 mins into him.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 8:33 PM, jebrick said:

I have been pimping Austin for a while now.  i watched him play several  games and he stands out both for his route running and speed.  He is a perfect fit for the Steelers.

Did you see Austin's combine 40 where he ran a 4.01 👀 

On 4/30/2022 at 7:35 PM, 43M said:

Well, Austin was fine.   

During their long wait after that, I think they fell asleep, and someone told them at the last minute they were on the clock and they randomly picked guys, not even sure who they were or what positions they played.

Mark Robinson is .asking the Steelers 53 man roster. By next season, he may even be a starter. Speed, (smarts)instincts, tackling power, block shedding, aggressiveness, relentless, & understands blocking schemes/angles. He is exactly who Vince Williams was as a rookie.

2 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Mark Robinson is .asking the Steelers 53 man roster. By next season, he may even be a starter. Speed, (smarts)instincts, tackling power, block shedding, aggressiveness, relentless, & understands blocking schemes/angles. He is exactly who Vince Williams was as a rookie.

I mean, I hope youre right obviously.   You seem to know more about him than I do, but this wouldnt be the first time someone has talked up a player to me that ultimately did nothing.    

Not a knock on you, and not even a knock on this player since most 6th rounders do nothing....but Vince is the only one of the late round ILBs that even remotely worked out for us, so I hope youre right.

On 5/3/2022 at 2:23 PM, jebrick said:

All the teams get an INC for the draft at this point.  We will reassess the first time come 2025

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Fixed.   :D

Fixed your fixed 😉

I did mean an 'A' as people want to hand out grades based on the supposed value of each pick.  Since the draft set the actual value of the picks, all teams get an 'A'.  Now that everyone feels good about the players their team picked, we can actually assess the talent by the last cut date, then after a season and then after 2.

12 hours ago, 43M said:

He said "reassess them FOR THE FIRST TIME"

So I fixed your fix of my fix that didnt actually need fixed...

johnson robert GIF

🙁

I meant to put the word "truly" in before assess and forgot. I blame the margaritas. 

• Like 1