NFL Draft Day 3 GDT- y'all got any more of those RBs?

Forge

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I still don't get the Davis Price thing. I'm fine if you want to take a running back in round three. That market actually blew up faster than I thought it would...I thought the run would really start coming in round 5. But I just don't get the choice of prospect. Very limited running back in my opinion.

Yeah I would’ve been plenty happy with taking Ruckert with that pick in the 3rd.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I still don't get the Davis Price thing. I'm fine if you want to take a running back in round three. That market actually blew up faster than I thought it would...I thought the run would really start coming in round 5. But I just don't get the choice of prospect. Very limited running back in my opinion.

I mean, if you want that sort of dude (and I don’t that much), I’d much, much rather have Dameon Pierce. Davis-Price looked hot only with clean blocking. Pierce has the short area explosion, tackle breaking, and receiving skills that you’d want in a bigger back/Wilson replacement way more than Davis-Price does.

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I mean, if you want that sort of dude (and I don’t that much), I’d much, much rather have Dameon Pierce. Davis-Price looked hot only with clean blocking. Pierce has the short area explosion, tackle breaking, and receiving skills that you’d want in a bigger back/Wilson replacement way more than Davis-Price does.

I had Abram Smith, who didn't even get drafted, rated higher than  Davis Price lol 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's what I was thinking. Can't do anything but actually get the ball and go but sometimes that's really all you need lol 

I can only figure they plan to run a bunch more of inside zone and zone read and gap/GT stuff this year. That or they just can’t keep Shanahan away from that early round trigger finger before the adults take over and calmly take more highly valued prospects. XD

• Like 1

No first round selection bites, but hopefully the 49ers can get at least three quality players out of this draft. All I ask in any draft in addition to UDFA. Hopefully some folks make some impact for OL and CB. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

43 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I don't know how he sticks unless he moves to center, so I'm glad he's working on snaps in that video.  Fun prospect for sure. But he's 24 and I don't think he's nearly strong enough at guard to hold up which is a concern. A move up from Mercer to a full time, major S&C program may help, but I'm not sure how much.

I hope he finds a way though because he'd be insane. If Jason Kelce can do it, he can too

7 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Do y'all think West & O'Neal have legit shots at making the 53?

Doesn't look like we're going after Tretter or Mathieu anytime soon

I could see it happening especially for depth. Hopefully they play well enough to actually earn the position, but time will tell. 

I also think Poe could make the team as well, active roster, doubtful. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Forge said:

Lol it's Mr irrelevant, do whatever, but give the people some hope. Nick mullens? That's PTSD stuff right there 😂

I feel very similar about Purdy as I did when Minshew was coming out if that makes you feel any better.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Do y'all think West & O'Neal have legit shots at making the 53?

Doesn't look like we're going after Tretter or Mathieu anytime soon

West has a shot. He played guard and center which is important if you're going to hang as a backup. He could beat Brendel I think. Trent, banks, Mack, Brunskill, mcg, Moore, mckivitz/skule, West. That would be 8, which I assume is what we carry. 

The problem for O'Neal is that Moore and odum both play special teams and both actually do it pretty well. He's not ready to play safety in the NFL so he can only make it through special teams and the others do that. So almost no shot to me

• Like 2