Round 4 Pick 107: RB Dameon Pierce

Texansfan713

Ravens Draft Central: Dameon Pierce, RB, Florida

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dameon-pierce/32005049-4524-5478-115c-8ae11dbeefa6

Pierce was a four-year starter at Bainbridge High School, finishing in the top 10 of Georgia's state career rushing leaders (6,779 yards, 92 total touchdowns). He was a steady contributor for the Gators in his first two seasons, playing in all 13 games as a reserve in 2018 (69-424-6.1, two TDs rushing; 5-20-4.0 receiving) and in 12 games during his sophomore campaign (54-305-5.6, four TDs rushing; 4-30-7.5 receiving). Pierce landed the starting job in 2020, leading the team in rushing with 503 yards and four rushing scores on 106 carries (4.7 per; also 17-156-9.2 one TD receiving). He started once in 13 games in 2021 but still topped UF with 13 rushing scores (100-574-5.7) and contributed as a receiver (19-216-11.4, three TDs). Pierce had one of the best quotes of the year when asked why he was playing in the team's bowl game even though he had a Senior Bowl invite in hand: "Why? Because I'm a Gator, bro." -- by Chad Reuter

I love that last sentence in the quote.

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 1

He feels like a vastly underrated guy… like a Frank Gore or Chris Carson, a guy who will get tough yardage and critical plays when needed.

Very satisfied with the pick. Would prefer Spiller, but I’m not crying on this one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

There’s a definitive analytic approach to Nick’s draft - a few guys selected over “better” players at their positions, but guys who have better on field scores or RAS scores over their “better” counterparts.

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

He feels like a vastly underrated guy… like a Frank Gore or Chris Carson, a guy who will get tough yardage and critical plays when needed.

Very satisfied with the pick. Would prefer Spiller, but I’m not crying on this one.

Criminally under-utilized at Florida. 13 TDs on 100 carries while also adding 19 catches for another 3 TDs. He won't be the home run RB, but he'll grind out tough yards and add some talent to the backfield.