Official Yankees Thread

mission27

36 minutes ago, Leader said:

Can you imagine? He's putting some decent starts/innings together.....perhaps he's found his footing.

It very well could be. Would be HUGE for this team. You really could tell the difference between good Sonny, and bad Sonny. He was in attack mode last night.

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Yes. Guilty or not, kid paid his debt and has stayed on the straight and narrow.

I’ve had this debate a lot with my friends, and personally, I’d be sick. At the very least I wouldn’t be able to watch his starts.

I agree with the headline of this article.....its time to park Sanchez on the bench. Somebody needs to breakdown his hitting film and either find the fatal flaw - or switch something up and give that a try - cause he's flailing at the ball now.

"Sanchez has been off since his calf cramped up on May 22 in Texas. Boone has maintained Sanchez is healthy, yet he’d just hit .288/.394/.676 with 21 extra-base hits in 31 games prior to the injury, making you wonder what’s up. Have pitchers figured him out after all his dominance the previous two years and even this year after a 2-for-36 start? Is he not right physically? Or is this just a downswing in a long season?"

Arod said last night: “When he’s locked in, when he’s focused, when he’s in great shape, he is still the New York Yankees’ best hitter.” Well outside some brief spells when he was clubbing in RBI;s but hitting poorly or sporadically, he's struggled all year. 

Then there's this: "Sanchez has nine passed balls and has thrown out only four of 19 basestealers this season (17 percent)."  NOW - we've got to have the absolute worst pitching staff in holding runners tight to 1st - and/or - coming close to picking somebody off. The days of Andy Pettite are long gone.

Romine - who's shown some hitting consistency and surprising pop to his bat - would probably wear down and lose that production over time - but it might be time to at least give him greater playing time and figuring Sanchez out. Just when Romine hits the wall - Sanchez will be ready to give it a go again.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-sports-gary-sanchez-mazzeo-20180611-story.html

Hamels has the bigger name, but a scout who follows the Yankees believes their choice would be Happ.

“Happ has been more consistent,’’ the scout said of the 35-year-old who is 8-3 with a 3.71 ERA in 13 starts for the struggling Blue Jays. “And he pitched good in the playoffs.’’

Since returning to Toronto two years ago, Happ is 38-18 with a 3.40 ERA for the Blue Jays — including a 20-4 record with a 3.18 ERA in 2016.

Happ, who has appeared in 10 postseason games (three starts) is in the final leg of a three-year contract worth $36 million and is making $13 million this year.

Hamels, who beat the Yankees on May 22 in Texas, is 3-6 with a 3.86 EA in 13 starts for the Rangers. He makes $23.5 million this year. There is a team option for $20 million next year with a $6 million buyout and a vesting option for $24 million for 2019. In 16 postseason starts, Hamels is 7-6 with a 3.48.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/11/scout-knows-which-potential-yankees-target-checks-all-boxes/