Official Yankees Thread

mission27

On 9/23/2017 at 8:36 PM, bigbadbuff23835 said:

WE ARE BACK BOYS.

Tbh I'd pitch CC in the wild card game. Think we'd win either way. Lmao

I want Sevy and Gray lined up for Kluber and Carrasco. 

Nah, gotta be Sevy.  A playoff series would do wonders for this squad.

if you woulda told me Aaron Judge would hit 50 bombs at the start of the season I would've laughed at you. What a year, it's about time we have players to cheer for again.

On 9/27/2017 at 10:21 PM, bigbadbuff23835 said:

What do we do with our outfield next year? Ellsbury is immovable, Gardner is our longest tenured player, Hicks has been great, Judge is Judge, and Clint Frazier looks like he's ready to be an everyday big leaguer.

It's going to be very interesting how we handle our OF.

Prob some wishful thinking on my part, but with how Jacoby has been playing the second half of the season maybe he's regained some value??? Especially if we eat some contract as well.

Judge and Hicks are our two priorities imo. These two have to start.

I think Clint Fraizer is going to be a star, he needs to be playing everyday. The guy just makes things happen.

I would hate to trade Gardner, he's been such a great player for us, but if we can't get rid of Jacoby, we need to get rid of him. :(

I really hope we don't have a designated DH, I don't think we need one. 

• 2 weeks later...

We need Tanaka to pitch like he has in his last 2 outings if we want a chance at beating Keuchel. But if we can beat up Kluber than we should be able to beat up Keuchel. I just dont see us doing that to two of the best players in baseball 3 times.

With lefty on mound lets hope we see Holliday but we will probably just see Headley.

Edited by marshawn lynch

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

We need Tanaka to pitch like he has in his last 2 outings if we want a chance at beating Keuchel. But if we can beat up Kluber than we should be able to beat up Keuchel. I just dont see us doing that to two of the best players in baseball 3 times.

With lefty on mound lets hope we see Holliday but we will probably just see Headley.

TBH I don't even know if I want Holliday on the roster. I think I'd rather have the positional/ pinch runner versatility of Fraiser or Wade.

Headley or Ells as the DHs. 

So these guys are going to be free agents:

• Tanaka (if he opts out)
  • CC
  • Todd Frazier
  • Matt Holliday
  • Michael Pineda
  • Jaime Garcia

First of all, gotta hope Tanaka doesn't opt out.  If he does he could get very expensive given his run at the end of the season.  He's been up and down but still think he's a really good #2 starter and fits in nicely with Severino and Gray.  

It would be nice to bring CC and Frazier tbh if only for the positive impact they seem to have on the clubhouse.  Third is going to be super crowded between Headley, Gleyber, and Andujar but Frazier can play there and backup first base and DH.  I'd rather bring him back and trade Headley tbh.  If CC wants to come back I'd be willing to give him a couple of year at $14M per or something like that. 

Holliday and Garcia are pretty much useless.  Pineda would be worth a flyer to bet on his rehab if nobody offers him a big contract but I could see somebody backing up the truck for him. 

Only places I think this team could really get a lot better is CF, DH, and the back of our rotation.  Clint Frazier and Chance Adams could help with 1 and 3 and I'm ok with rolling with Todd Frazier as the every day DH going into next season.  Don't think we need to make a ton of big moves if we can bring back Tanaka and/or CC.  We should probably save our money for next off-season unless we can get Otani. 

I was real sad last night not going to lie. But this year was so much fun, I can’t stay sad. We’re 1-2 years ahead of schedule and man, did they play their hearts out.

as for the off-season

1. Hope Tanaka doesn’t opt out, but resign him if does.

2. Resign CC

3. Sign Otani.

4. Try to get rid of Jacoby or Gardner (???) Clint Frazier is ready.

5. Don’t resign T Frazier. He was real good in the post season, but we still have Chase Headley and Gleyber Torres is coming. 

19 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

I was real sad last night not going to lie. But this year was so much fun, I can’t stay sad. We’re 1-2 years ahead of schedule and man, did they play their hearts out.

as for the off-season

1. Hope Tanaka doesn’t opt out, but resign him if does.

2. Resign CC

3. Sign Otani.

4. Try to get rid of Jacoby or Gardner (???) Clint Frazier is ready.

5. Don’t resign T Frazier. He was real good in the post season, but we still have Chase Headley and Gleyber Torres is coming. 

I think I'd let C.C. go. His age is an issue. Otani would be an amazing addition.

1 minute ago, pollino14 said:

Man, idk. If he’s requiring a 1-2 year deal, how do you say no? 

He'll be 38 next year, and I don't want to be the team paying him when he loses his ability to get guys out. I appreciate what he's done, but I'd try to save my money there. You're paying for what C.C. will give you next year, not what he gave you in the past.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He'll be 38 next year, and I don't want to be the team paying him when he loses his ability to get guys out. I appreciate what he's done, but I'd try to save my money there. You're paying for what C.C. will give you next year, not what he gave you in the past.

If he wants a one year deal, it’s certainly worth the gamble. Seems like he’s learned how to pitch the way he needs to.

Just now, pollino14 said:

If he wants a one year deal, it’s certainly worth the gamble. Seems like he’s learned how to pitch the way he needs to.

A one-year deal at a reasonable price might work. But I'm just thinking that if we get Otani, we have (assuming we lose Tanaka and Pineda are gone):

Sevy

Gray

Otani

C.C.

Montgomery

That assumes we keep Chad Green in the pen. But what about Chance Adams? That's my thought. Should we let C.C. walk and let one of our young guys earn that 5th spot? I guess I'd rather not convert Monty to a long reliever with him pitching well this year and being young.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

A one-year deal at a reasonable price might work. But I'm just thinking that if we get Otani, we have (assuming we lose Tanaka and Pineda are gone):

Sevy

Gray

Otani

C.C.

Montgomery

That assumes we keep Chad Green in the pen. But what about Chance Adams? That's my thought. Should we let C.C. walk and let one of our young guys earn that 5th spot? I guess I'd rather not convert Monty to a long reliever with him pitching well this year and being young.

I get what you’re saying, but rarely do your top 5 starters stay healthy. I guess it is best be said that we should target two of Otani, Tanaka and CC. 

Edited by pollino14

Just now, pollino14 said:

I get what you’re saying, but rarely do your top 5 starters stay healthy. I guess it is best be said that we should target two of Otani, Tanaka and CC. 

That's fair. But we also have a couple other pitchers behind Adams who might be ready next year too. But you're right, we can't count our chickens before they hatch.