Official Yankees Thread

mission27

2 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Quality player, just blocked by Andujar.

True - hence - expendable. If Andujar gets injured (knock on some serious wood that doesnt happen.....) we still have Wade and Toe to fill in. I'd much rather move Drury than some other top prospect.

Edited by Leader

Yankees will not sit idly. They will see if they can find catching depth and if anything changes in market and a high-end SP is available to them. But Britton/Happ fills reliever/starter priority five days b4 deadline.

Joel Sherman

4 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Judge

Sanchez

Torres

Bird

Tanaka

Montgomery

all injured for multiple weeks this year, that's incredible. 

This is true. Not eager to see it....but interested to see how Judge's vacuum gets filled. Can we keep winning?

Given Sanchez's current output - Romine can cover there - but the dynamic of our lineup the combined absence of AJ and Sanchez.....

I'd keep Torres somewhere at the top of the line up. We'll need bat control and hits.  Your time to shine Mr. Stanton. I'd expect other teams to try to pitch around if they can - so keep the bat (and the K's) under control and the base hits (or walks) coming.

16 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Where's that Jacob Dewberry guy when we need him? We're paying him all that money, but I haven't seen him in years. I can barely remember his name.

At this point you gotta figure he's nothing but overpriced dead weight. The guy's been down this entire season with (what I'd call....) less than traumatic injuries and it seems that in the course of his "vacation-like" extended rehab-like absence he pulls this or strains that which only lengthens his down time. I agree - you've gotta stick a PostIt Note to your forehead to remind yourself he's even on the team.

He's 34 years old and we're on the hook at a clip of 21M plus per year through 2021. Its a good gig if you can get it eh?

We EVER gonna see him again on the active roster? Or is anybody else likely to take him off our hands - at his age - with his injury history - and at his salary? Only way we get rid of the guy is as a toss in on some deal - where we pay his room and board with the other club.

Theres a saying told to people who are considering purchasing an expensive boat: Its nothing but an expense. Its nothing but a hole in the water. At this stage, Jacoby Ellsbury is our hole in the water and he's in never ending dry dock.

Just now, Leader said:

At this point you gotta figure he's nothing but overpriced dead weight. The guy's been down this entire season with (what I'd call....) less than traumatic injuries and it seems that in the course of his "vacation-like" extended rehab-like absence he pulls this or strains that which only lengthens his down time. I agree - you've gotta stick a PostIt Note to your forehead to remind yourself he's even on the team.

He's 34 years old and we're on the hook at a clip of 21M plus per year through 2021. Its a good gig if you can get it eh?

We EVER gonna see him again on the active roster? Or is anybody else likely to take him off our hands - at his age - with his injury history - and at his salary? Only way we get rid of the guy is as a toss in on some deal - where we pay his room and board with the other club.

Theres a saying told to people who are considering purchasing an expensive boat: Its nothing but an expense. Its nothing but a hole in the water. At this stage, Jacoby Ellsbury is our hole in the water and he's in never ending dry dock.

Do we have no recourse if he's just milking it?

Just now, jrry32 said:

Do we have no recourse if he's just milking it?

I cant say he's milking it. Ii mean - NYY physicians are looking at him. Currently - last I read (around the AS Game) - he was down because of some back something or other and waiting to BEGIN baseball drills again  -  at which point (I'm tellin ya....) he's gonna strain something else (or again) and the clock will get reset.

This year? Times running out on him and he's not played anything since Spring Training. So what good will he be? Next year? Can we count on a next year with this guy?

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Archer is interesting. His FIP gives off the impression that he's better than his ERA over the past few years, but you also can't give them an Ace package considering he hasn't been that,

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Archer is interesting. His FIP gives off the impression that he's better than his ERA over the past few years, but you also can't give them an Ace package considering he hasn't been that,

Archer would be a bargain. Only thing I THINK I read about him recently was a drop in velocity.

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/tampa-bay-rays/chris-archer-8471/

Just now, jrry32 said:

Reports are Rays want a #1 Pitcher package. That's not a bargain. His price is a bargain, but what we have to give up to get him is quite important.

As always - but I dont think the markets gonna hold for TB to extract top talent. He's not delivered the goods consistenly enough. He's 54 + 68 career w/3.69ERA. 3 + 5 this year. Good - not great.