Official Yankees Thread

mission27

11 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Just remember, it’s much more important in baseball to peak at the right time.

Ohh.....not freaked. Just commenting. I think George would have canned Boone by this stage.
Not saying thats right or conducive to a winning organization......

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ohh.....not freaked. Just commenting. I think George would have canned Boone by this stage.
Not saying thats right or conducive to a winning organization......

George wouldn’t have made the bonehead decision to begin with. I trust Cashman for the most part, but this was insane.

18 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

George wouldn’t have made the bonehead decision to begin with. I trust Cashman for the most part, but this was insane.

Well - George or no George - we'd better start kicking the s***kickers or we're gonna be a s***kicker.
I think what happened is Cash made it his team with the hiring of Boone - who cant be held responsible for the state (and performance) of the starting rotation - thats on Cash - but who may have "managed" himself out of a job at seasons end in any case. Cash certainly isnt gonna fire himself and the Owners arent gonna toss him and what he's built in favor of Boone. We turn into a s***kicker - somebody's head will roll. Of that I've no doubt.

Edited by Leader

Boone is a clone of Girardi with his in-game decisions and at least he reviews plays when we have to. It'd be cool if we had one of those guys like Maddon or Cash who add value, but let's no act like his presence is some sort of catastrophe. Yanks had way worse stretches in 2000, 2007, 2009, and last year off the top of my head

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Boone is a clone of Girardi with his in-game decisions and at least he reviews plays when we have to. It'd be cool if we had one of those guys like Maddon or Cash who add value, but let's no act like his presence is some sort of catastrophe. Yanks had way worse stretches in 2000, 2007, 2009, and last year off the top of my head

Disagree. Girardi would have a plan for the pen and wouldn’t have everyone moving in the lineup. 

Could you guys imagine how much history would’ve changed if we signed Moancada like every Yankee fan wanted to... completely different mlb

Lynn's pitch count is headed in the right direction:

1st inning - 27 pitches
2nd inning - 18
3rd inning - 7
4th inning - 12
5th inning - 8
6th inning - 19
7th inning - 12
Subtotal: 103 pitches (66 strikes) - Eat your heart out Sonny. It's called a fastball.
I'm not sure why Lynn's night isnt over.....but for some reason Boone wants him to chuck it some more when the team's up 7-0
8th inning - 5 pitches - leaves the game with one out and a man on first.
Total: 108 pitches (70 strikes).

Edited by Leader

Down 1-0 to bottomfeeder CHI WSOX
NYY have Hicks on 3rd - nobody out. He dies there.
NYY hitting w/RISP: 1-7
NYY have 2 hits / 2 walks / 6K's
Still down 1-0 to bottomfeeder CHI WSOX after 5 1/2 innings
Sleepwalking

Edited by Leader

7 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Lot of time left for things to change but as of today I’d feel more comfortable rolling out Sevy, Happ and Lynn as our top 3 in the playoffs. It won’t happen but CC and Tanaka are so inconsistent 

Tanaka in big games is FAR from inconsistent. Same with CC although he can’t give us length. 

16 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Tanaka in big games is FAR from inconsistent. Same with CC although he can’t give us length. 

That’s very true. Both have very good history when it counts. Tanaka scares the crap out of me. The guy can look flat out un-hittable and then the one inning he can throw nothing but meatballs.

44 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

That’s very true. Both have very good history when it counts. Tanaka scares the crap out of me. The guy can look flat out un-hittable and then the one inning he can throw nothing but meatballs.

Agree with your thoughts. Tanaka is in "will today be the dominant version" or "over the wall" mode and CC can QUICKLY get into pitch count hell and ruin the BP rotation for days to come. Lets face it - our starting rotation's got some known issues.....which I'm hopeful hasnt taken a cumulative effect on our BP - which hasnt been its resoundingly shut down self for more than a few games.

Perhaps more important - perhaps, but not necessarily - is our lineup. Its lacking the length it had and has far more holes than before. When and if AJ and Sanchez make it back - and to what degree of effectiveness - is gonna have greater bearing on how far we go in any playoffs than our starting rotation IMO. This lineup isnt gonna support our starters enough to survive for long. We're still scraping by the bottom feeders - while BOS is dispatching them like the minor league rosters that they are.

Edited by Leader

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

I’m with ya, but after last October, I’m rolling with them forever. As big time as it gets tbh