Official Yankees Thread

mission27

31 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

He’s going to be our #2 in the playoffs. Go righty , lefty, righty, lefty. 

Yup.

Our starters NEED to start giving us "Happ-like" length. For a rotation - or two at the very least - as I think our BP arms are starting to show wear and tear with this coming into the 2nd, 3rd, 4th inning carousel we've been on. 

I'm wondering if skipping a start for Sevy might not be a good idea. There's something fundamentally wrong with him - be it physical or tipping pitches. He's gone more than a few starts now for it to be a temporary thing. He claims its not "dead arm" (which is a good thing......) - then what is it? For some reason I'm not expecting miracles from our Pitching Coach.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Cessa can stay in AAA far as I'm concerned. He's not the answer to any of our questions.

Of course not. I don't get it. Adams pitched well against Boston. Give him another go. Not a guy who can't hack it. Or better yet, give one of the other young, talented pitchers a shot. But don't keep tossing crap out there. It's getting old.

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Of course not. I don't get it. Adams pitched well against Boston. Give him another go. Not a guy who can't hack it. Or better yet, give one of the other young, talented pitchers a shot. But don't keep tossing crap out there. It's getting old.

I think its clear they dont feel the young arms are ready for the major league level. Sure Adams survived his start - but apparently he's been getting bombed since being back at AAA - so somethings not quite right and "learning on the job" (read: in the middle of a playoff run....) isnt recommended.

Make no mistake - we piss and moan around with .500 +/- play for much longer, we'll be looking up at OAK. We're four (4) games up in the loss column now.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

I think its clear they dont feel the young arms are ready for the major league level. Sure Adams survived his start - but apparently he's been getting bombed since being back at AAA -=  so somethings not quite right and "learning on the job" (read: in the middle of a playoff run....) isnt recommended.

Make no mistake - we piss and moan around .with 500 +/- play for much longer, we'll be looking up at OAK.

I'd rather take a chance on him learning on the job than Cessa being a cesspool.

The NYY (75-46 / .620) begin an 11 game homestand against:

TEX (53-69 / .434)
NYM (51-67 / .432)
TB (62-69 / .512)
TOR (55-65 / .458)

An opportunity to get fat eh?
Make up ground on BOS (should they ever lose again....)
Or put distance between ourselves and the hard charging OAK (72-49 / .595)

Through eight games the homestand is 4 - 4.
And herein lies the season. Our inability - our downright refusal - to put away the lesser teams.

Current WC standings going into tonights games:
NYY (75-46 / .620)
OAK (72-49 / .595)

This boat is floundering.

Edited by Leader

NY Post trivia.......

Yesterdays victory puts the Yankees at 14-14 since July 14 and 26-24 since June 21 when they held a two-game lead over the Red Sox. Yes, that long ago.
With these next 15 games against some of the worst teams in baseball, it’s time to make the most of the situation. No injury excuses. Not against these teams. Not against this inferior level of competition.

After all these punching bags comes the Yankees’ next big trip, beginning in Oakland on Sept. 3 when they will be tested. They will begin a 15-game stretch during which they will play nine games against real baseball teams — the Athletics, Mariners and Red Sox.

Boone wants to make sure the Yankees take care of business against the soft schedule so when they get to Sept. 3 they are not fighting for their wild-card lives.

The Yankees want to have the first wild card in hand because six of the final 13 games of the season are against the Red Sox, with a three-game series at the Trop against the Rays thrown in there as well.  The Yankees are 12-16 versus the Red Sox and Rays and 64-30 against everyone else.

With expanded September rosters, an impressive left-handed arm who can pitch multiple innings could be a sensible Yankees call-up. 

With a mid-90s fastball, Tarpley has the heat that seemingly each Yankees pitching prospect possesses. Where he separates himself is a hard sinker that keeps batted balls on the ground and in the ballpark — a valuable commodity for a southpaw who could face a lot of left-handed hitters in Yankee Stadium with its short porch.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/19/long-road-for-yankees-prospect-could-end-with-ultimate-reward/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Without Andujar and Stanton, I shutter to think where we’d be at now.

No place good - that much is certain.

Torres appears to be coming around again....and I'd just as soon give the first base job to Voit until the pitchers figure him out and he cant get a hit - if that happens. At least he (now) puts some wood on the ball. If we keep waiting around for Bird to get going.....it'll be next year.

Dont know it as statistical fact - but it appears that Stantons cut down on the number of strikeouts and that he's spraying base hits around much better. 

3 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Voit has a ton of power.

The ball is jumping off his bat isnt it?
Dont take this wrong - but you want to know who's swing he "reminds me" of?
Stanton. Short and compact.

Small sample size - and nobody's gonna confuse BALT with an overpowering pitching staff - but I say lets keep throwing him out there.

Btw - sorry for the jinx on Stanton!

Edited by Leader