Official Yankees Thread

mission27

• 3 weeks later...

The Yankees lasted just over a month in 2020 before they announced a player injury. Earlier this afternoon, the team revealed that James Paxton “underwent a microscopic lumbar discectomy with removal of a peridiscal cyst.” The club believes he can return to big-league action in three to four months, meaning he will open the season on the injured list.

Gary Sánchez said he has been working with the new training staff and catching coach Tanner Swanson for a week now. He said he is adapting to the one-knee down stance Swanson used to success with Mitch Garver. Sánchez's primary focus this offseason was on gaining flexibility

Sanchez was asked about Altuve and buzzers and said if he hit a HR to send his team to the World Series, “you can rip my pants off.”

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You would be mad about signing Correa?

Absolutely. I don’t want anything to do with The Astros or anyone associated with that team. They cheated us out of a title, they disrespected the game and got away with it for essentially nothing. 

I really don’t like this Yankee team as is. I find it extremely unlikable . With how they play the game in general and then having guys like Sanchez and Torres on the team. 

They need an overhaul and they’re not gonna do it. But Correa might be the straw that breaks the camel’s back 

I want to see the Yankees get really aggressive trading their own players this offseason. 

1.) Giancarlo Stanton- will be almost impossible given the contract but there have been other huge contracts traded in the past and if it's ever going to be possible it has to be now after the season he's coming off.

2.) DJ LeMahieu- maybe last season was an aberration but why risk it? Trade him now and get out of the contract we never should have given in the first place. 

3.) Luke Voit- obvious.

4.) Gleyber Torres- I'd rather put him back at 2B and see if he can salvage his career but I'm definitely listening to offers to see if I can improve other areas.

5.) Aaron Hicks- There will be little value to be had here but still a possibility to get out of a contract early instead of watching him slowly die. 

I know it sounds silly to let some of these guys go and it's not strictly about cost savings but moreso to free up the spots and spend smarter. Go all-in on a top flight 1B. Go all-in at SS. Go all-in at CF. Go all-in at SP. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 9:58 AM, GMENNATION said:

I want to see the Yankees get really aggressive trading their own players this offseason. 

1.) Giancarlo Stanton- will be almost impossible given the contract but there have been other huge contracts traded in the past and if it's ever going to be possible it has to be now after the season he's coming off.

2.) DJ LeMahieu- maybe last season was an aberration but why risk it? Trade him now and get out of the contract we never should have given in the first place. 

3.) Luke Voit- obvious.

4.) Gleyber Torres- I'd rather put him back at 2B and see if he can salvage his career but I'm definitely listening to offers to see if I can improve other areas.

5.) Aaron Hicks- There will be little value to be had here but still a possibility to get out of a contract early instead of watching him slowly die. 

I know it sounds silly to let some of these guys go and it's not strictly about cost savings but moreso to free up the spots and spend smarter. Go all-in on a top flight 1B. Go all-in at SS. Go all-in at CF. Go all-in at SP. 

I don’t know why Yankee fans hate on Stanton. Last year he was killing the ball in the playoffs, gave us a shot. This year he’s the only reason we made the playoffs with how he was hitting late . 

Sanchez has to be number 1 on the list. He’s a disgrace to the pinstripes. 

They’re saying DJ was hurt, I’d give him another year. Don’t sell low. 

I agree with everyone else , please don’t sign Gardy again, 

On 11/6/2021 at 10:12 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t know why Yankee fans hate on Stanton. Last year he was killing the ball in the playoffs, gave us a shot. This year he’s the only reason we made the playoffs with how he was hitting late . 

Sanchez has to be number 1 on the list. He’s a disgrace to the pinstripes. 

They’re saying DJ was hurt, I’d give him another year. Don’t sell low. 

I agree with everyone else , please don’t sign Gardy again, 

It's not hate on Stanton honestly.. he's great right now but he still has soooo many years left on that deal. Getting out from under him let's us go after younger, more dynamic guys. I get it, the Yanks should be able to just buy every player ever but it's not feasible. 

1 hour ago, GMENNATION said:

It's not hate on Stanton honestly.. he's great right now but he still has soooo many years left on that deal. Getting out from under him let's us go after younger, more dynamic guys. I get it, the Yanks should be able to just buy every player ever but it's not feasible. 

I hear you . I just don’t agree. The team has been ready to compete for years. They just haven’t gotten it done. Selling off Stanton for peanuts ( not many teams can afford him ) is not gonna help. 

He turned 32 today. Tbh I think he’s gonna be just fine for most of his contract.

• 4 weeks later...