Official Yankees Thread

mission27

11 hours ago, pollino14 said:

How in the hell is Larry Rothschild still employed... Couldn’t fix Pineda or Eovaldi, Tanaka has been regressing and now he can’t fix Gray. 

The game wasnt on TV and I tuned in late on ESPN Gamecast to an already established 8-5 TOR lead. Okayyyyyyyyy....how'd that happen? 

Well Gray pitched something like 3+ innings and gave up 5 runs. Well, that'll do it to ya.

Sanchez and Stanton are still plugging along at the Mendoza Line (or worse). I mean - these guys - right in the middle of our lineup are insuring nothing every gets (or stays) started. Our projected utility guys are struggling - EXCEPT - for Torreyes who's playing lights out at the moment. So our jack of all trades / fill in at alot of postions / #9 utility guy is cutting it loose - while the big boys are quiet as church mice. Go figure.

Its not a pretty picture right about now.

Eventually.......eventually....people are gonna get healthy - its gonna warm up and the players can lose all the winter weather gear they're playing in - and they're gonna start hitting as a unit. The pitching? Well....lets work on outscoring people first.

Meanwhile, BOS just keeps killing people. 7.5 back already and it feels more likely to hit double digits as opposed to going the other way.

Hmmmmm.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

The game wasnt on TV and I tuned in late on ESPN Gamecast to an already established 8-5 TOR lead. Okayyyyyyyyy....how'd that happen? 

Well Gray pitched something like 3+ innings and gave up 5 runs. Well, that'll do it to ya.

Sanchez and Stanton are still plugging along at the Mendoza Line (or worse). I mean - these guys - right in the middle of our lineup are insuring nothing every gets (or stays) started. Our projected utility guys are struggling - EXCEPT - for Torreyes who's playing lights out at the moment. So our jack of all trades / fill in at alot of postions / #9 utility guy is cutting it loose - while the big boys are quiet as church mice. Go figure.

Its not a pretty picture right about now.

Eventually.......eventually....people are gonna get healthy - its gonna warm up and the players can lose all the winter weather gear they're playing in - and they're gonna start hitting as a unit. The pitching? Well....lets work on outscoring people first.

Meanwhile, BOS just keeps killing people. 7.5 back already and it feels more likely to hit double digits as opposed to going the other way.

Hmmmmm.

I’m not worried for the team overall. I do thibk we’ll be fine. Pitching kinda worries me (especially Gray) but I find it highly probable we get an ace like pitcher at the deadline. 

On 4/26/2018 at 2:01 PM, pollino14 said:

Montgomery sucks. Dude is just like Gray. Nibbles, and when he gets ahead in the count let’s guys get back in the count. 

We need a pitcher 

They dont have an "out" pitch. Like Phil Hughes. Good pitcher - but he'd get a hitter to 2 strikes and the guy would just sit there fouling off pitch after pitch until Hughes fed him a fat one that wound up on the other side of the fence - or - he walked. Either way the hitters would jack Hughes pitch count so high / so fast - he'd be gone after 4 innings.

25 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

I’m gonna make two predictions. One, Clint Frazier is going to make a significant contribution to the club (if not traded)

second, we’re gonna see Justice Sheffield. Think he takes Montgomery’s job.

Saw this and had to go check if Frazier was in a game.........not the case.

I didnt see him (what? hit the outfield wall?) but he must have banged his brains into mush to be out this long.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

They dont have an "out" pitch. Like Phil Hughes. Good pitcher - but he'd get a hitter to 2 strikes and the guy would just sit there fouling off pitch after pitch until Hughes fed him a fat one that wound up on the other side of the fence - or - he walked. Either way the hitters would jack Hughes pitch count so high / so fast - he'd be gone after 4 innings.

Seriously, just described Hughes perfectly. Guy would cruise and then he’d throw that meatball that would get crushed. Wasn’t like CC, or Pettite or Moose, once the wheels came off with him he never rebounded.

3 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Seriously, just described Hughes perfectly. Guy would cruise and then he’d throw that meatball that would get crushed. Wasn’t like CC, or Pettite or Moose, once the wheels came off with him he never rebounded.

Dude. Have I ever described anybody other than perfectly? LOL

He also has some systemic issues which took some of the heat off his heater.....and which have compounded and threaten his career today.

Remember - he once was lights out coming out of the bullpen - when he could come in and just chuck heat for a hitter or two. Once he became a starter, he had to take the MPH's down and throw a broader array of pitches.....and foul ball machine was born.

Add on: So was Joba.

Edited by Leader

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

The most interesting is Frazier. I think he’s a star. I don’t know how he gets the ABs in the majors. Gardner is a FA at the end of the year and would love for Clint to take over, but I think he gets packaged for a pitcher at the deadline.

As much as T Austin has impressed me, it’s still Bird’s gig. Potential is through the roof. Austin will get his opportunities though, hitting lefties.

Drury should be the odd man out. Andujar looks legit. His ABs are all quality.

Its a good problem to have, I really hope they don’t get too cute with stuff.