Official Yankees Thread

mission27

Just now, Leader said:

I agree with the title of the article. The NYY will need to play better cause we're playing like ****.

Easy teams are putting us to the max and we're lucking out we're not losing more game than we are. We're not "handling" anybody.

I dont want your house - mine's nicer - so I wont accept your bet. Period.

Didn’t mean it literally, dude.

Just read about Gregorius. Damn. We're not catching any breaks.

Spreads 1.5 games.

"And off the Yankees go for a schedule-closing road trip at Tampa Bay (four games) and Boston (three), two locales where they hold a combined 2-11 record (1-5 at Tropicana Field, 1-6 at Fenway Park). While they have now won two consecutive series for the first time since Aug. 6-12, their double-setback on Sunday — the defeat and the Gregorius news — zapped Yankee Stadium of any positive energy"

Take em one game at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, what an awful end to the season. It still doesn’t feel real and still hurts to think about. It’s gonna sting for a while.

immediate thoughts for post season: Boone is already on thin ice. I get he’s a puppet for Cashman, and it’s not all on him but his knowledge of when to and when not to pull a starter has looked awful.

Cashman needs to make a move. Imagine what we could’ve done with DeGrom or Mad Bum. At some point you have to give to get and not rely on JA Happ and Lance Lynn. On the other hand i understand that he most likely felt that Sevy was gonna turn it around...guessed wrong

Sevy, man the more i think about it the more confused i get, he went from being a top 5 pitcher and someone with a 1.99 era after his first July start, and then just completely folded, had a better September, but bombed when we needed him.

Giancarlo Stanton, he looked flat out scared in the playoffs. In pressure situation he looked like he wanted to be anywhere else, I’ll give him a pass for now, but I’d still take Harper and trade Stanton if we could.

I’d like to see us make a run at Patrick Corbin. I’d also reallllllly like to add a big left handed bat. Not sure who or where, but I still think we get in on Harper. 

If George was still around heads would role and a **** ton of money would’ve been spent.

On a positive note, we still have Aaron Judge.