Official Yankees Thread

mission27

• 1 month later...

How do you guys think everything plays out? We currently have two holes (2B and 3B) one of which will most like be filled by Torres. Do we roll with Andujar or even Torreyes for now? 

Also, our outfield. I’m interested to see how Boone runs out our lineup. I’m assuming Gardy, Hicks, and Judge will get the most work in the Outfield, with Stanton doing a lot of DH’ing. Personally, I want Clint Frazier starting. I know Hicks started out on fire last year, but after he came back from injury he wasn’t the same, and Clint’s ceiling is much higher. We have 5 outfielders that should be starting in the MLB this year. What do you think we do?

On 1/22/2018 at 3:28 PM, bigbadbuff23835 said:

How do you guys think everything plays out? We currently have two holes (2B and 3B) one of which will most like be filled by Torres. Do we roll with Andujar or even Torreyes for now? 

Also, our outfield. I’m interested to see how Boone runs out our lineup. I’m assuming Gardy, Hicks, and Judge will get the most work in the Outfield, with Stanton doing a lot of DH’ing. Personally, I want Clint Frazier starting. I know Hicks started out on fire last year, but after he came back from injury he wasn’t the same, and Clint’s ceiling is much higher. We have 5 outfielders that should be starting in the MLB this year. What do you think we do?

For the in-field I do believe Todd Fraiser signs with us for a one year with a player option. I think he will be right within our price range to sign and think the ball park, with the chance to win a WS compels him to sign with us. 2nd base will be manned by Toe and Wade for about 20 days or whatever so we can have an extra year of control for Gleyber. 

OF I think we stay put. Frazier could really clean things up in AAA for a good part of the year. Looking at the OF,  Aaron Hicks only had one really good half. Yes, he was injured, but the sample size of him producing isn't very big. The year before he was awful. He very well could have had just an extended hot streak the first three months of last year. Brett Gardner is in the last year of his contract ( team option at a good 12 million) who will be turning 35 this August. He had a very good year last season, but age could soon affect his play and could see a regression in which we could look for at a cheaper and better Clint Fraizer for the 2019 season. 

Then again, Clint could tear it up the first half of AAA and gain some more value come the trade deadline, clearing a path for Harper in 2019. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2018 at 6:52 PM, Herbie_Hancock said:

What are you guys expecting from Didi this year? Thinking about keeping him in a points base league. 

Stanton, Judge, Bird and Sanchez could keep Didi away from middle of the lineup so his RBI may be lower than 80. I would say 25 HRs 65 RBIs and 280 BAs.  35 Doubles from him is a possibility.  If you have two SS then he may be a good insurance because he is durable and Yankees' big bodies have history of injury.

On 2/24/2018 at 4:51 PM, JetsandI said:

2B nightmare continues. eh? I hope Wade wins the job.

With the way ST is going, Andujar should win the 3rd base position, so I think they’ll put Drury at 2nd until We get the extra year of Gleyber.

Edited by pollino14

• 3 weeks later...