Official Yankees Thread

mission27

5 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Gleybar is off to a hot start and he will have been on the 40 man roster enough days to gain an extra year of control by Wednesday. Will we see him next weekend if Wade/Walker/Andujar don’t turn it on?

We better. Make him the second baseman, have Walker at1st and Andujar/Drury at 3rd.

Andujar with two more ground balls.. had a double , but this ain’t good.

6 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Walker sucks. I’d take Austin over him. At least he has some pop.

Idk why but I’m not behind Austin, I just see bench player.

Its gonna be interesting to see how they handle the situation when Bird is back. Drury/Walker/Wade/Andujar and Gleyber with only two spots. Hoping Andujar continues with the momentum from last night. I really want Gleyber and Andujar playing 

Walker's been a veteran / steadying influence in a period of lineup juggling. I like his backup presence at first, second (and third?) base and glad we have him given Birds continue foot issues. It would be nice if he could hit a bit more, but honestly I've stopped expecting any steady production until temperatures rise above 50 degrees steadily. Its just stupid the weather these guys have been playing baseball in - I'm surprised more people havent been hit by "unpurposeful" pitches as getting a good grip on the ball in this cold has to be a *****.

The young guys are playing just like young guys at this point. Nothing steady - but glad we have them for depth and they're getting invaluable experience now. 

Betances needs to get a clue on his fastball. He might have better control on his off speed stuff - but he's not going to scare anybody with those pitches minus a heater he can throw for strikes - as last night evidenced. Low to mid 80's stuff is gonna get pounded by big league hitters.

Edited by Leader

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Walker's been a veteran / steadying influence in a period of lineup juggling. I like his backup presence at first, second (and third?) base and glad we have him given Birds continue foot issues. It would be nice if he could hit a bit more, but honestly I've stopped expecting any steady production until temperatures rise above 50 degrees steadily. Its just stupid the weather these guys have been playing baseball in - I'm surprised more people havent been hit by "unpurposeful" pitches as getting a good grip on the ball in this cold has to be a *****.

The young guys are playing just like young guys at this point. Nothing steady - but glad we have them for depth and they're getting invaluable experience now. 

Betances needs to get a clue on his fastball. He might have better control on his off speed stuff - but he's not going to scare anybody with those pitches minus a heater he can throw for strikes - as last night evidenced. Low to mid 80's stuff is gonna get pounded by big league hitters.

Walker hasn’t been producing, but he doesn’t have many bad at bats. Really like his insurance as well. He shouldn’t be blocking anyone though.

Real big year for the kids. If Drury or Andujar can prove they can play, I’m not so sure they go after Machado ( and I don’t want them too as well)

Dellin better be going to a sports psychologist, that’s for damn sure.

23 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Walker hasn’t been producing, but he doesn’t have many bad at bats. Really like his insurance as well. He shouldn’t be blocking anyone though.

Real big year for the kids. If Drury or Andujar can prove they can play, I’m not so sure they go after Machado ( and I don’t want them too as well)

Dellin better be going to a sports psychologist, that’s for damn sure.

Agree. I dont want the team to get weighed down by Billion dollar contracts stretched out over my lifetime as invariably they'll bog the team down - cost the organization a FORTUNE in Luxury Tax - and "outprice" The Stadium to the average fan.

Drury was playing well before he had to sit. Andujar was killing it in ST - when that translates to the regular season, we'll be in a good spot. I like what Cashman's done with the roster and finances.

I'm a bit concerned about Frazier. I mean, the guy's been out for quite awhile.