Round 4 Pick 108: Perrion Winfrey

NateDawg

Defense is completely different from offense. There isn’t as much complexity or processing. Safeties and some LBs have to do reading, but it’s not in the same universe as what QBs have to do.

You do need attitude, effort, and juice.

On 4/30/2022 at 3:03 PM, ReggieCamp said:

Oh man, that is hilarious. And awesome.

He's like a kinder Clubber Lang.

Be careful mentioning Clubber Lang.  I referenced the 2nd fight from Rocky 3, using the word "punch" in a post, and was bannished from my FB page.  Lost 1000's of connections for my podcast.  still pi$$ed about it.  (I do agree with the analogy however.)

• Like 1

Just did some reading on Winfrey.

Why would you put a pure 3-tech as your NT? Oklahoma seriously couldn’t recruit a fat guy to do it?

He’s more athletic than Cam Heyward, Chris Jones, and Deforest Buckner. His 35 inch arms are longer than all 3 of them.

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

Really like this pick do not see him stopping the run against 320 guards.

I don’t think he was brought in to stop the run.

He and Taven Bryan are both athletic dudes who can be dominate at the LOS.  They’re here to eff things up and be disruptive, especially against the pass.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 8:55 AM, candyman93 said:

Just did some reading on Winfrey.

Why would you put a pure 3-tech as your NT? Oklahoma seriously couldn’t recruit a fat guy to do it?

He’s more athletic than Cam Heyward, Chris Jones, and Deforest Buckner. His 35 inch arms are longer than all 3 of them.

It’s because they run a 3-3-5 it was just a necessity because of their scheme. But in a 4 man front he’ll be able to play the 3 tech now. 

in that big 12 youve got to as many people to cover as you can. Okst ran the 3-3-5 and I think WVU still runs it too.