Round 4 Pick 108: Perrion Winfrey

NateDawg

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

It’s because they run a 3-3-5 it was just a necessity because of their scheme. But in a 4 man front he’ll be able to play the 3 tech now. 

in that big 12 youve got to as many people to cover as you can. Okst ran the 3-3-5 and I think WVU still runs it too. 

Were they rushing 3 and dropping 8?

Couldnt you still rush a guy from a 3 tech spot anyway?

13 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yes technically but he will naturally get blocked by the OT if you are only rushing 3.

Easy 2 on 1, got ya  would you create the same problem wherever the dt lines up 2 of the 3 will get double teamed? 

Basically giving up on getting pressure.

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Easy 2 on 1, got ya  would you create the same problem wherever the dt lines up 2 of the 3 will get double teamed? 

Basically giving up on getting pressure.

This can be advantageous in a defense like Georgia or Pittsburgh, those guys occupy the interior and put a premium on rushing off the edge  

17 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Were they rushing 3 and dropping 8?

Couldnt you still rush a guy from a 3 tech spot anyway?

But from a defensive perspective if he’s the best NT on your team even if he’s a better 3 tech for the overall benefit of the defense of putting him at NT is the best thing you’ve got to do it. Players play out of position often.

idk why he went to Oklahoma he should have went to a school for a 4 man front but maybe they just didn’t a great job recruiting him idk. 

I think Perrion is going to be one of the steals of the draft man. I think he’s going to be really really good. 

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

But from a defensive perspective if he’s the best NT on your team even if he’s a better 3 tech for the overall benefit of the defense of putting him at NT is the best thing you’ve got to do it. Players play out of position often.

idk why he went to Oklahoma he should have went to a school for a 4 man front but maybe they just didn’t a great job recruiting him idk. 

I think Perrion is going to be one of the steals of the draft man. I think he’s going to be really really good. 

If it takes 3 3rd and 4th round picks to finally get a starting caliber dt I am fine with it.

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I really hope the Suh and Clowney rumors are true.

Suh has never missed a game due to an injury and had 6 sacks last year and the year before. He could mentor Winfrey.

Suh would bring some attitude and competitive edge to the unit also along with those other guys. He and Clowney combined would make that unit just nasty in general along with what Myles brings. And then yeah, let Winfrey get in there too and do what the other guys are doing. 

We need to just go all-in for 2022 at this point. Especially with Watson’s 2023 status looming if the civil/NFL stuff lingers until then. The window might not get better than this coming year.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Suh would bring some attitude and competitive edge to the unit also along with those other guys. He and Clowney combined would make that unit just nasty in general along with what Myles brings. And then yeah, let Winfrey get in there too and do what the other guys are doing. 

We need to just go all-in for 2022 at this point. Especially with Watson’s 2023 status looming if the civil/NFL stuff lingers until then. The window might not get better than this coming year.

Not sure even with Suh and Clowney 

We beat Cincinnati, Buffalo, and Kc.

• 2 weeks later...