4(111). Max Mitchell, OT, Louisiana

NewAge

7 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Probably not but money talks so maybe he'd come here if he has no other lucrative options.  We are super flexible with our options moving forward so we can afford it.

Totally agree we are not ready for BUF but we should be ready to push for 2nd though.  MIA made some good moves and NE is always tough but no reason we can't split with them this year and be in the running for a WC spot.

Zack is the engine to this ship.  JD built him a solid one he just needs to take the leep to make it go.  We only go as far as he takes us.

I’d have to think we’re the 3rd best team on paper now in our division. But we 100% can challenge MIA for 2nd. Comes down to each teams QB play. Us and MIA set up our Qab a lot better than NE. So I think they’ll be left behind. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d have to think we’re the 3rd best team on paper now in our division. But we 100% can challenge MIA for 2nd. Comes down to each teams QB play. Us and MIA set up our Qab a lot better than NE. So I think they’ll be left behind. 

Been saying that for awhile but they never are.

15 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Been saying that for awhile but they never are.

Just have that feeling this year that changes. We’ve never had a better roster than them. Never mind QB. We could argue that Jones > Wilson…. But Wilson now has a lot more around him which should take him over the top. Which same goes for Tua. NE is just not going to be able to keep up offensively with us 3. Something we 100% know about. They don’t. But I think they get that rude awakening this year. Now there’s still WRs they can trade for and make them competitive. 

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Word is that he's up to 315lbs. That's perfect. Now he just need time to work on his technique and he'll be pretty good. Him going up against our pass rushers every day in practice will make him a lot better. 

Becton worked against our best pass rusher and it broke him. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Word is that he's up to 315lbs. That's perfect. Now he just need time to work on his technique and he'll be pretty good. Him going up against our pass rushers every day in practice will make him a lot better. 

Ya he should only get better and better. He's as far as our last 3 picks is my favorite. I think he can step in for Fant if/when we move on from him. In an ideal world we can have Becton and Mitchell as our bookends for 10 years. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya he should only get better and better. He's as far as our last 3 picks is my favorite. I think he can step in for Fant if/when we move on from him. In an ideal world we can have Becton and Mitchell as our bookends for 10 years. 

I was hoping for this too but I think Becton has a lot to prove. I can see the jets not picking up the 5th year option and making him work for his contact. If this happens Fant will get the money and Becton will be out the door. 

20 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Becton worked against our best pass rusher and it broke him. 

He got hurt because someone rolled on his leg. The point is getting used to going up against good talent makes you better when facing everyone else. 

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree with that. I've always been high on Mitchell as a development prospect.  Clemons is probably my favorite,  but Mitchell can be really good if given the right amount of time.  He's going to be watching Fant and going up against good competition. It's the perfect situation for him 

16 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I agree with that. I've always been high on Mitchell as a development prospect.  Clemons is probably my favorite,  but Mitchell can be really good if given the right amount of time.  He's going to be watching Fant and going up against good competition. It's the perfect situation for him 

I also think you have to look at the depth at the position. Mitchell really only has to beat our McDermott to be the next man up. Where Clemons is at a position that rotates... but there's 4-5 guys ahead of him.

Was Mitchell drafted with the idea that he will replace Fant at some point?  Was he drafted as a potential swing / backup?  It would be great to have him play well enough to start and not have to spend a high draft pick on OL.  I'm just curious as to JD's thinking with him.