Jets Select DE Michael Clemons with the 117th Pick

Abe56

I wanted to trade back, but I trust the Clemons pick. Had off the field issues, but averaged more than 4 pressures a game (Only Will Anderson had more), 11 sacks in 15 games, but will be 24. I love his motor though.

The DE rotation will be crazy. Johnson, Lawson, Curry, Huff, Martin, JFM, and Clemons. They all won't stay, but wow. OTs will be tired. 

Edited by rickyt31

Clemons has a opportunity here, but he'll have to earn it because of the depth. I definitely understand stand the pick. 

I'm glad JD wasn't over thinking the age part and getting good players that can help now. He went BPA throughout and had the best draft on paper. 

• Like 1

This has a similar to feel to when the Ravens selected Jimmy Smith. He had some issues off the field as well. JD was a scout around that time I believe. It wouldn't surprise me if JD and Saleh had their talk with him and felt good about his growth since. 

The more I look into this pick, the more I like it. His stats are great for the amount of games played the last 2 years. His arrest was weapon possession and weed. The weapon is a concern, but every athlete has weapons. I'm just glad he wasn't using it or anything like that. He wasn't abusing women, public fights, or anything too crazy. Those are the type of problems I can let go and take a shot at. 

On the field, he flashed everything you want. His pass rushing moves looks like he studied Robert Mathis. He's 6'5 260+ and will run you over if he wants to. His 40time isn't great but his 10yd split is up there around the best. Because of the depth, I expect him to take a minute to move up but at the same time, him beating Huff and Martin isn't crazy. I don't know what to expect from him yet, but I like the pick. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Yeah cant really project to a 15 sack + guy but he is really talented and would not be surprised if he is a starter for us one day

Just can’t see him getting very many snaps. That’s my only issue with this pick. Is I see the upside and all. But when we have Lawson, Johnson, JFM (on non rush downs), Martin, Curry, Huff already. How’s he getting snaps? Now that’s as a rookie. We probably don’t resign Curry after this season and Huff isn’t so good we have to keep him around. So he might have a chance after this year. But he likely isn’t seeing any snaps as a rookie.