Jets Select DE Michael Clemons with the 117th Pick

Abe56

18 minutes ago, NewAge said:

He’s 34 and didn’t play last year. I doubt he sees the field much at all unless there’s injuries or he performs a lot better than expected. 

I hope that’s right. No clue why we brought him back

7 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

What's with the Huff hate on here?  Guy legit is probably our best pass rusher even over JJ and Lawson coming off injury.  Huff is super underrated.

Don't get me wrong, it's not Huff hate. It's how much I believe in Clemons. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NewAge said:

He’s 34 and didn’t play last year. I doubt he sees the field much at all unless there’s injuries or he performs a lot better than expected. 

Dont think he even makes the 53 man tbh.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I hope that’s right. No clue why we brought him back

Insurance in case we did not get a top end talent in the draft.  With all the injuries last year, it was a good call.

• Like 1

Wow.  I love that he  thinks through his responses before answering.  Look at him.  He's got the body and his arm length is unnatural looking.  I am really liking this pick.  His basso profundo voice adds to the nastiness.  His draft "party" was in his apartment ALONE.  As someone else said.. he has that loner mentality of people you don't want to meet.  Can't wait to see him go up against Becton as well. He is a scary dude.

Was that Cimini who got a little unraveled when Clemons stopped and stared at him after his 1st question?  Much stuttering when he struggled to rephrase his question.    This guy is going to be a 'thing'. JMO

I really like this pick.  Upside through the roof and the guy has the determination to work hard.

image.php?type=thumbnail_580x000&url=4Z8

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

OMG I love this guy.  Great interview. I think he is very well spoken too.

He’s carries himself as a tone setter. Looking forward to how that translates to the field. There hasn’t been an attitude or edge on this defense longer than I can remember.

This feels like a Rex Ryan guy. Let’s hope he doesn’t break Wilson’s jaw 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/30/2022 at 12:46 PM, Abe56 said:

Numbers dont show it but an absolute freakshow

Love this pick

I'm with you, Clemens could turn out to be the greatest steal of this draft. You can't teach passion, you can teach tech, and he is a powerful relentless old school player. I think with the right coaching, and his being open to learn and with the Vets on the team guiding him like Lawson and Q, he could turn out to be an absolute steal.