Round 4 Pick 124: Cade York K LSU

NateDawg

5 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

It's not about the weather sucking; it's about the wind.

It's always windy, and the wind always changes.

True its definitely a factor. He apparently had a rocket leg so maybe that will help him just cut through the wind easier, especially on <45 yard attempts

Im just happy they actually addressed kicker seriously. It was a great pick and one of the few things I agree with Grossi about.

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And this is pretty well documented.  Like, literally every kicker we’ve had has commented on it.

If I was a Kicker in CLE, I would check the weather every day and if there was wind over 30 mph drive to the stadium and kick for an hour or two. Simple and practice makes perfect. I have a feeling this is something guys like Parkey and others didnt do.

However, its not like CLE is the only hard stadium to kick in. I wonder if Bills/Bears fans worry about their kickers and weather/wind conditions as much as Browns fans do. Bring in more talented kickers not off the UDFA scrap heap and I bet they will be a lot better kicking in weather lol

Love this pick

Special teams lost us 2 games last year.

2nd point

The January games figure to be played in Baltimore, Buffalo ,and kc

No Dome games whatsoever so it will a advantage over picking a cast-off from a southern team.

3rd point he will give us a decisive edge with games in the south .

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

If I was a Kicker in CLE, I would check the weather every day and if there was wind over 30 mph drive to the stadium and kick for an hour or two. Simple and practice makes perfect. I have a feeling this is something guys like Parkey and others didnt do.

Yeah I wouldn’t even both having them kick in Berea, just go down to the stadium and kick there as much as possible.

However, its not like CLE is the only hard stadium to kick in. I wonder if Bills/Bears fans worry about their kickers and weather/wind conditions as much as Browns fans do. Bring in more talented kickers not off the UDFA scrap heap and I bet they will be a lot better kicking in weather lol

Sure, talented is better, no one is arguing that.  What we’re saying though is a lot of guys aren’t failing because of kicking ability but rather they have not figured out the finer points of kicking in that stadium.

8 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

So much for a camp competition.

You had to figure that York would be the heavy favorite to win the kicking battle, but still interesting that they got rid of McLaughlin so soon. 

On 5/2/2022 at 1:44 PM, AkronsWitness said:

I wonder if Bills/Bears fans worry about their kickers and weather/wind conditions as much as Browns fans do. 

I mean both of those teams have lost playoff game and a super bowl from missed FG's. Those fans worry about their kickers as much as we do

• Like 1

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Don’t worry about it now lol 

Such a fan of this.  I think competition is great and all, but some positions require the player knowing the team has full confidence in them.  Let him know the job is his even if he misses a kick.  Let him do his thing instead of putting unnecessary pressure on him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Such a fan of this.  I think competition is great and all, but some positions require the player knowing the team has full confidence in them.  Let him know the job is his even if he misses a kick.  Let him do his thing instead of putting unnecessary pressure on him.

If you don't make 80+% of your FG's you get cut, pretty much every time. I think that's enough pressure without having to agonize over every kick in training camp, practice, etc., and looking over your shoulder.

• Like 3