Vikings Select Akayleb Evans, CB Missouri at #118

SemperFeist

18 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

Any of you draft experts know if his age worked against him in his lasting until the 4th round?

His lack of ball skills made him last that long and if anything he should have lasted till the 5th or 6th round.  But watching Evans more he is one heck of a tackler for a corner coming on on screen plays and sweeps.  Very sound tackler in the open field one on one.  Curious if they might move him to safety, is a solid corner but is best going forward able to see the play, not very good with his back to the QB.  Does make last ditch efforts to slap the ball away but is usually falling down while doing so and is pretty handsy.  He would be called for pass interference a lot if he was in the NFL but college they let it go.

Like his length and tackling no question.  Was a dude on Tulsa and really played solid football, will be interesting where he ends up.  Harrison Hand seemed talented as well and a potential move to safety but that dude barely ever sees the field at CB or Safety.  I want to see Cam Bynum more at safety no question, but to me Cam Bynum was a way better college corner than Akayleb Evans and again he barely played last year as well in a weak secondary...

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Evans was great today. He should absolutely start pushing Sullivan for playing time. If Booth can get and stay healthy, we have a solid core of CBs. 

The problems with that is that playing CB inside and outside is not the same thing and that we may need Evans to play outside for Dantzler for longer then just that second half of football.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Good luck to him. Somehow it is the GM's fault, I'm sure.....

I hope if he gets another, that the Vikings give him some money and he retires. Nothing matters more than your brain.

I agree, and I REALLY hope that doesn't happen not only because of his health, but because I think Evans could be a stud for us. When he played this year, he was excellent and can only get better. He is also a really likeable guy. Hopefully the changes to the helmet and a Q collar help him out.

• Like 4

On 2/3/2023 at 12:12 PM, PrplChilPill said:

Good luck to him. Somehow it is the GM's fault, I'm sure.....

I hope if he gets another, that the Vikings give him some money and he retires. Nothing matters more than your brain.

I'm thinking most of the blame falls on Cousins and his contract tbh...

I hope the young man gets healthy and doesn't have long term struggles. 

• Like 2