Black Friday Thread

devils1854

On 11/11/2017 at 11:45 PM, RamRod said:

Black Friday is hardly even on Friday anymore. Everybody just goes on Thanksgiving. 

I collect movies so that's basically what I shop for every year. The last couple years I've gone to Wal-Mart early Friday morning probably around 8 a.m. and the place has been dead because everybody was there the night before.

Makes it easier that way.  I get off around 11, so I'll probably make my way to the local stores and see what they have.

Doing something a little different this year.

My wife came up with the idea and we're both pretty excited, that instead of doing presents for one another this year, we're going on a weekend getaway and have already found a babysitter for our two kids.

For the kids, ages 3 and 1, we've already gotten them some nice but small things. They don't need much and we'll still make it special.

I’m gonna be in the market for a hard drive, preferably 4TB or thereabouts.

It’s solely going to be used as a media playing device, being able to plug into my TV and have full access to my ripped Blu-Ray and DVD library, so I’m not particularly worried about write speed or being SSD or a standard HD. I have two hard drive docks with my current set up (one for the TV and one for the computer that media gets pulled from), so I also don’t care if it’s internal or external, though honestly I would prefer an internal one.

Anyone find any great deals for Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

16 minutes ago, iPwn said:

It’s solely going to be used as a media playing device, being able to plug into my TV and have full access to my ripped Blu-Ray and DVD library, so I’m not particularly worried about write speed or being SSD or a standard HD. I have two hard drive docks with my current set up (one for the TV and one for the computer that media gets pulled from), so I also don’t care if it’s internal or external, though honestly I would prefer an internal one.

not trying to hijack the thread but maybe send me a pm on what software you use to rip dvds to your hard drive. I have a library started but I want to add more dvds to it. Someone else made the library and now I want to add to it.

8 hours ago, iPwn said:

sVNtmMG.gif

Archived