Black Friday Thread

devils1854

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don't understand this gif.

Please explain.

1. I'm tellin pwner to give me his movies 

2. The actual joke is samwise gamgee saying frodo should share the ring so it doesn't destroy him and the foaming of the mouth was when frodo got got by that spider. It's pretty obvious what the context is from there

3 minutes ago, Tyty said:

1. I'm tellin pwner to give me his movies 

2. The actual joke is samwise gamgee saying frodo should share the ring so it doesn't destroy him and the foaming of the mouth was when frodo got got by that spider. It's pretty obvious what the context is from there

I was kidding, I got it lol.

Except the part related to the movie, haven't see Lord of the Rings.

If you have a Samsung device, you can currently get gift cards for up to 20% off from Samsung Pay.  I'm actually not sure if you even need a Samsung device; I have a Note 8 so my phone automatically has access. 

This includes retail stores such as Kohls, JCPenny, etc.  Basically you can buy a $50 gift card for $40.

Some other places include:  Dominos, Applebees, Microsoft Store, Dunkin' Donuts and more.

On 11/13/2017 at 9:47 AM, BayRaider said:

Do Macbook Pros ever go on sale from Apple?

Generally when they bring in a new model, they'll knock down their prices.  I know I bought one a while back, and the Best Buy gave me a student discount.  Luckily, I still had access to my local CC e-mail.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

If you have a Samsung device, you can currently get gift cards for up to 20% off from Samsung Pay.  I'm actually not sure if you even need a Samsung device; I have a Note 8 so my phone automatically has access.

You need a Samsung device - non Samsung devices use Android pay, where the token is on the cloud vs on the actual device.

17 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Surveys in the UK showed prices on 6 out of 10 goods where cheaper at other times in the year than on Black Friday.

It's a scam. 

It's just the old line of thinking that there are DEFINITELY CERTAIN ITEMS that are being WAY undersold on Black Friday. However, there are other items that are marked up/fake on sale. If you are disciplined and stick only to these huge deals, then you'll make out well.

If you fall into the trap on a few other things, then you'll lose.

The store has the goal to get you INSIDE THE STORE and will make up their money/plus make a lot more for the group 2 suckers. They won't make a dime on me and will actually lose money...at least the 1 and only time I went in and bought my TV about 4 years ago. I made out like a bandit. That was the only thing I got.

1 hour ago, texans_uk said:

Surveys in the UK showed prices on 6 out of 10 goods where cheaper at other times in the year than on Black Friday.

It's a scam. 

We’re talking about one day where 40% of the goods on sale, most being major *big buy items* of the year, are the lowest they’ll be all year. How is that a scam?

On 11/19/2017 at 4:28 PM, buno67 said:

Anyone know anywhere where they will have a sale on iPads?

Target has a 32gb ipad for 249.99

Walmart has a 5th gen 32gb ipad for 249.00

Best Buy has the ipad mini 4 128gb for 274.99

I'm looking at getting one myself. I assume that the Target and Walmart ones are both the 5th gen. But I haven't really looked in depth at it yet.

7 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Target has a 32gb ipad for 249.99

Walmart has a 5th gen 32gb ipad for 249.00

Best Buy has the ipad mini 4 128gb for 274.99

I'm looking at getting one myself. I assume that the Target and Walmart ones are both the 5th gen. But I haven't really looked in depth at it yet.

I am looking to get an iPad mini for my mother in law. I think a regular iPad would be too big for her. She has a kindle and seems to enjoy that but its an older kindle and its garbage. she mainly uses her kindle now to email, take pictures, and watch youtube with my 2yr old daughter. I think the iPad mini would be perfect for her. Both her daughters have iPhones so they can just use iMessage. It will be a lot easier to take and send pictures. Also will be nice for them to facetime.

Archived