With the 144th pick in the NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders select Sam Howell, QB, UNC

MikeT14

9 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Ya know. This team has never had a QB controversy or an obsession with the backup QB. It would be nice to see it happen for once.

It just be nice for one of them to be a realistic building block with a realistic chance to sustain and build success on the field during the regular and post season

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Ya know. This team has never had a QB controversy or an obsession with the backup QB. It would be nice to see it happen for once.

Well, in 2016 & 2017 we didn’t have that issue but then Brice Allen happened… 😂 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Fwiw according to Ron, they did tell Carson this was happening

That’s nice, but it’s pretty ridiculous that they felt they had to tell their starting QB they were taking a QB in round 5.

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

While this is well and good, the one trade I do not understand was moving a 4th and 6th for two 5ths. Maybe I’m stupid but that trade made absolutely no sense value-wise? Shouldn’t we have just basically got the two 5ths for our 4th? Like, that seemed like one of the more puzzling moves. 

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

While this is well and good, the one trade I do not understand was moving a 4th and 6th for two 5ths. Maybe I’m stupid but that trade made absolutely no sense value-wise? Shouldn’t we have just basically got the two 5ths for our 4th? Like, that seemed like one of the more puzzling moves. 

Correct. We continually get the short end of trades. 

• Like 1

Not exactly sure what we traded in the mid rounds...

We traded our 4th & 6th for what...a 5th? Future picks? No idea...

What I do know is, it doesn't matter to me at the moment.

We arguably got the best QB in the Draft with the 1st pick in the 5th Rd. That DOES matter.

Got the 2nd fastest FS in the Draft in the 4th Rd. Runs 4.36-4.37 40 yard dash & plays like it on the field.

Got a very good power back in the 3rd round in Robinson. A much needed pick, imo.

A TE that's 6'7" in Cole that was Carson Strong's biggest target. 

And a WR that is a clone of Terry McLaurin. At least Personality & character wise & possibly in play.

If our DT we took is a stud? Which I the pick?

This draft was an A+

Otherwise, I give it a B for now.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I think you guys missed my sarcasm

That was about as hard to miss as a ( Oh so many similes I can't pick one ! )

OK, I thought on it and got one for Doc Draper. About as hard to miss as Bridget Bargot walking down a Paris street naked in the early 1960s !

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Not exactly sure what we traded in the mid rounds...

We traded our 4th & 6th for what...a 5th? Future picks? No idea...

What I do know is, it doesn't matter to me at the moment.

We arguably got the best QB in the Draft with the 1st pick in the 5th Rd. That DOES matter.

Got the 2nd fastest FS in the Draft in the 4th Rd. Runs 4.36-4.37 40 yard dash & plays like it on the field.

Got a very good power back in the 3rd round in Robinson. A much needed pick, imo.

A TE that's 6'7" in Cole that was Carson Strong's biggest target. 

And a WR that is a clone of Terry McLaurin. At least Personality & character wise & possibly in play.

If our DT we took is a stud? Which I the pick?

This draft was an A+

Otherwise, I give it a B for now.

That trade was weird but we traded a 4th and a 6th for two fifths . On one , we drop down 24 spots but on the other we came up 40 spots ! nets out to up 16-guess we win ! 🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

That trade was weird but we traded a 4th and a 6th for two fifths . On one , we drop down 24 spots but on the other we came up 40 spots ! nets out to up 16-guess we win ! 🤔

Yeah, just checked the values. I was wrong. This was an even trade.

120+189 = 58.2 pts

144+149 = 54.2 pts

• Like 3