Fantasy Talk

ragevsuall17

There was a convo earlier in regards to starting a general fantasy thread... so here it is.

Questions, insights, etc are all welcome!!

So first scenario/question:

I was just offered Jordy for Marvin Jones... typically this is a no brainer... but GB has been a fantasy wasteland since Rodgers went down, and Jones has been pretty great his past 3 games (21, 18, 29 points).  This is essentially for my 3rd WR slot (ABrown and Cooper are my top 2... and I've been rotating between Mixon, McKinnon, Jones and Doyle at my flex).  League is PPR with small bonuses for long TDs.

Does Jordy (...Hundley really...) have any chance of turning it around this year?  

3 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

There was a convo earlier in regards to starting a general fantasy thread... so here it is.

Questions, insights, etc are all welcome!!

So first scenario/question:

I was just offered Jordy for Marvin Jones... typically this is a no brainer... but GB has been a fantasy wasteland since Rodgers went down, and Jones has been pretty great his past 3 games (21, 18, 29 points).  This is essentially for my 3rd WR slot (ABrown and Cooper are my top 2... and I've been rotating between Mixon, McKinnon, Jones and Doyle at my flex).  League is PPR with small bonuses for long TDs.

Does Jordy (...Hundley really...) have any chance of turning it around this year?  

Was gonna start this thread but been having trouble with the site on my phone. Thanks for getting it going, @ragevsuall17!!

For your question, stick with Marvin. IMO, Jordy won’t turn it around much, if at all. He certainly won’t get to the Jones’ level with Hundley at QB. Brown/Jones/Cooper for your WRs is great. Especially with McKinnon as your other flex and now with Hill on IR, Mixon should provide some good upside the rest of the way. 

I had the craziest 15 minutes I've ever had in fantasy football occur yesterday.

I'm in a .5 PPR league and I made a big move Saturday night, this was my roster

QB-Stafford
RB-Hunt
RB-Ingram
WR-Evans
WR-Robby Anderson
TE-ASJ
Flex-Kamara
Flex- Robert Woods

Bench:
Marquise Lee
Rex Burkhead
Josh Gordon
Corey Davis
Curtis Samuel
Darren McFadden (dropping him this week for Mariota because he got dropped for some reason and the playoff schedule is gold)

So Saturday night I made a trade of Mark Ingram and Marquise Lee for AJ Green and Latavius Murray. I basically threw the towel in on this getting rid of Ingram and being forced to play Murray because I didn't trust Burkhead enough and wasn't about to start McFadden. As the morning games go on, I get to 75 points at 2:48 and I wasn't thrilled because my opponent had 45 but still 6 guys to play in the afternoon and I just had Robert Woods left. After that, it was straight out of a movie script it seemed. First, Stafford hit Tate for a 40 yard TD when I was certain they would be running the ball almost exclusively. Than ASJ and Robby Anderson both had huge plays on a drive and immediately after that, AJ Green got that TD and I went from 75 to 99 in the span of 45 seconds. And about 10 minutes later, Anderson caught that TD and basically sealed my win. And of course Robert Woods went off again and I wound up winning 151-83. It was an insane segment that I've never seen play out before for anyone in fantasy football. And my victory propels me to first place, locks up my playoff spot, and gives me an inside track to the first round bye.

My playoff hopes in all my leagues are hanging on by a thread... even less in some.  I really don't get it... I'm supposed to be awesome at this fantasy thing.

For real though... I have an awesome team... talking McCoy, Gordon, Hunt at RB, Allen, Baldwin, M Thomas, D Thomas, Fitz at WR, Delanie and Graham at TE... 10 teams... ridiculous depth... and if Cam and Keuchly can't outscore McCaffrey and Landry today... I fall to 5-5 (I'm currently down by 3)... WTF?!?!  With that team?!?!? (I am dead last in "coachi" rating with a -360.15 differential between my starting lineup each week and what ended up being the highest scoring lineup with my players...)

Debating what I should do at QB this week. 

I have Stafford and Mariota on my roster but definitely don’t want to start MM. Stafford is @Chicago where he has only posted more than 15 points twice in 8 career games. Available on the waiver wire is Jay Cutler, who has had back to back good scoring weeks and is up against the worst pass defense in the league. Am I trying too hard going with the Cutlet? Or do I just stick with stafford? 

23 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

Debating what I should do at QB this week. 

I have Stafford and Mariota on my roster but definitely don’t want to start MM. Stafford is @Chicago where he has only posted more than 15 points twice in 8 career games. Available on the waiver wire is Jay Cutler, who has had back to back good scoring weeks and is up against the worst pass defense in the league. Am I trying too hard going with the Cutlet? Or do I just stick with stafford? 

Mariota against a weaker than normal Steelers secondary...Also a defense that Mariota sees everyday in practice.  I like Mariota in this game for some decent pointage.

On 11/16/2017 at 3:18 PM, VYoung10 said:

Mariota against a weaker than normal Steelers secondary...Also a defense that Mariota sees everyday in practice.  I like Mariota in this game for some decent pointage.

It's crazy that he actually ended up having a relatively solid fantasy day yesterday and that there's a real chance he outscores Stafford.

Here's a fun one:

I've got Kareem Hunt and LeSean McCoy locked in as my starting running backs. With Zeke gone, I'm now left (and it could be much worse) with Adrian Peterson and Tevin Coleman. I've got to start Peterson this week right? Against a bad Houston defense. Atlanta has Seattle, which should make this a clear call, but with Freeman out, there's a real chance Coleman sees 25-30 touches. But still, Peterson right?

Even though Mariota ended with a decent statistical game, Stafford is the right call.

As for AD vs Tevin, even the in non-PPR, I take Coleman. If it was PPR, I think Coleman has is solid #1... Even against the Seahawks.

TE is definitely the hardest call but you can't really go wrong. I'd go with Graham since he has a TD streak going on right now... But Engram will probably outscore him. Neither is the "wrong" choice.

@titans0021 I say roll with Engram and Coleman. Engram up against the Chiefs is a great matchup and one the Giants will likely be throwing in a lot. Coleman is going to see a lot of volume and should end up with a top 15 finish today. Peterson has been too inconsistent for me, but does have a good matchup so I don't think there is a wrong choice.

Can’t believe Engram didn’t explode today. Especially with Shepard out. Also surprised Hunt wasn’t used more. Andy Reid is infuriating. Shouldn’t matter next week up against Buffalo though. 

Barring a 2nd half combination of 60 points between Wentz and Jeffrey, I’ll win this week in my big league and move to 8-3 and one win away from locking up a bye in the playoffs (already clinched playoffs). And next week I play the team in my league that’s lost now 8 weeks in a row despite being 5th in points. Some of the ways he have lost would drive me to quit fantasy ?

6 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

Can’t believe Engram didn’t explode today. Especially with Shepard out. Also surprised Hunt wasn’t used more. Andy Reid is infuriating. Shouldn’t matter next week up against Buffalo though. 

Yeah, both of those hurt. I was still on the fence until Shepard was out and then felt like I had to go with Engram. Nine yards was not what I was expecting.

Andy Reid is always going to have these kinds of games where he goes full Andy Reid. As a Kareem Hunt owner, it stings though.

Went with Coleman over Peterson though, so that should hopefully pay off.

Really need Wentz to step up a little here. I'm currently one of four teams sitting at 7-3. One is going to lose and I'm playing another one. So a win would be big. Up about 25 right now, but all I have is Coleman (after Wentz tonight) and the other person has Matt Ryan and Julio. Need to be up by 35-40 to feel alright.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Really need Wentz to step up a little here. I'm currently one of four teams sitting at 7-3. One is going to lose and I'm playing another one. So a win would be big. Up about 25 right now, but all I have is Coleman (after Wentz tonight) and the other person has Matt Ryan and Julio. Need to be up by 35-40 to feel alright.

Now up 41. Thank you Wentz.

Archived