Round 5 Pick 179; Kingsley Enagbare, EDGE South Carolina

Packerraymond

On 5/16/2022 at 7:40 AM, MaximusGluteus said:

Haven't you heard?  Any player over 21 is maxed out.

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

Players under 21 don't have the production or developed skills, either.

If I were GM I would only select players that are both highly developed, but have massive upside. They also need to be highly productive, but not maxed out. They would not be older than 21, but not younger than 21 either. Finally, they better be able to contribute immediately but all have the potential for long term development. C'mon Gute, this ain't hard!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/30/2022 at 2:42 PM, packfanfb said:

5th round. I'll take it.

On 4/30/2022 at 2:44 PM, incognito_man said:

He's better than Hutchinson

In the pros too ;)

How’s everyone feel About him through the bye? I’d say lived up to expectations/pleasant surprise considering Gary and how they season went?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

In the pros too ;)

How’s everyone feel About him through the bye? I’d say lived up to expectations/pleasant surprise considering Gary and how they season went?

I think his pass rush hasn't been there since Gary went down.

That being said, I like him.  Nice EDGE to have.  Hopefully EDGE 3 or EDGE 4 after this next draft.

25 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

In the pros too ;)

Loved the pick since I had a 4th round grade on him. But he has exceeded my expectations grandly.

9 hours ago, Sandy said:

Loved the pick since I had a 4th round grade on him. But he has exceeded my expectations grandly.

Totally had this guy penciled in for a 3rd rd comp. Has met my expectations and allowed me the confidence to keep calling em like I see em in the draft.  I told all of you so!

12 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I think his pass rush hasn't been there since Gary went down.

That being said, I like him.  Nice EDGE to have.  Hopefully EDGE 3 or EDGE 4 after this next draft.

In general, the team’s pass rush has been pretty non existent since RG dropped out. Maybe it’s because of the mobile QBs we’ve seen past couple weeks but guys are not getting home.

I have seen some pressures from Enagbare and he can get physical and set an edge, especially for a rookie. I have high hopes he can be player even if he does not reach the top tier. We were thin going in at edge and our best guy went down. Glad he’s taking advantage of the opportunity to develop which is the most we will likely get out of these last games. 

Edited by Refugee

20 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Has he been playing well?

I would say good, not great.  He isn't fast enough to chase down Hurts or Fields, and he isn't a ridiculous powerhouse like Gary.  I do think that he can develop into a good enough player to be the second/third edge player.  A little more strength and experience, and this guy will be pretty good.  I am trying to think of a comp, but I don't have one.  I think he will end up being a solid player.