Patriots use pick 183 on RB Kevin Harris

DaPatsKid98

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Harris is my pick for a rookie who won’t make the roster 

probably quite an easy pick, given he was sloppy seconds RB chosen, stacked RB room and he is slow 

he had offseason back surgery so he screams PUP list. 

Then they if they don't have any injured RB's halfway through the season he gets the full redshirt year. They don't have enough roster spots for all of these guys.. I fully expect a few to end up with phantom injuries 

Ok I watched some of his stuff

im not going to change my thoughts on where he ends up this season just yet, but I LOVE his highlights 

he really seeks out defenders. Absolutely flies into them, and he has natural low power. Probably because his legs are the size of oak trees. He’s a nasty runner 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Ok I watched some of his stuff

im not going to change my thoughts on where he ends up this season just yet, but I LOVE his highlights 

he really seeks out defenders. Absolutely flies into them, and he has natural low power. Probably because his legs are the size of oak trees. He’s a nasty runner 

No this is definitely another great player to have. Kevin Harris was second in the nation in 2020 behind only Najee Harris for both yards and touchdowns at the position. I think Harris fell because he had a down season after a minor surgery to remove a cyst from his spine. Harris is to Ridley as Vereen is to Pierre Strong Jr., as far as what I think the Pats are hoping for. But both of these 2022 backs are better IMO. I'm guessing Pierre Strong Jr. was too high on their board to pass up in the fourth; he could legitimately end up being the best RB from this draft.

RB was a position of strength before the draft so I see why people criticize the pick but having four strong RB's, (plus strong RB's on PUP), all season long with a second year QB and first time offensive coaches is a great way to build the roster IMO.

I think many underrate how important it is to have 4+ RB's who are capable of playing to last a full season... ESPECIALLY on the Patriots who are a running team. 

As long as Strong doesn't fumble ( 5 in 10 games last year) he's going to get a good amount of carries. Harris I think at minimum starts on PUP, same with White. 

I would expect Harris/Stevenson/Strong/Taylor to start the season.. then Taylor probably gets cut whenever White is ready to go.