Vikings select Vederian Lowe T, Illinois at #184

SemperFeist

2 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Have you watched a decent amount of Lowe? Why did you pick him in your mock? just curious on what your thoughts are on him

I didn't watch a whole lot, but I did project them to take an OT around that time in the draft.  He seemed to be an okay fit and was the highest rated of the OTs projected to go around that time (according to Dane Brugler).  He is an older prospect, but like I've indicated, that doesn't bother me because of the COVID year, which will impact the draft for the next year or 2.  His character certainly suits what they look for, and he has improved every year despite the coaching instability at Illinois.  He has the potential to fill the swing tackle role, as I certainly think he has more potential than Brandel...and I'm not sure I have much hope left for Udoh (who should have been left at OT instead of trying him at OG).      

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I didn't watch a whole lot, but I did project them to take an OT around that time in the draft.  He seemed to be an okay fit and was the highest rated of the OTs projected to go around that time (according to Dane Brugler).  He is an older prospect, but like I've indicated, that doesn't bother me because of the COVID year, which will impact the draft for the next year or 2.  His character certainly suits what they look for, and he has improved every year despite the coaching instability at Illinois.  He has the potential to fill the swing tackle role, as I certainly think he has more potential than Brandel...and I'm not sure I have much hope left for Udoh (who should have been left at OT instead of trying him at OG).      

well, good hit then!

PFF gave lowe a 80.2 grade for 2021, which was 46th out of 609 college tackles graded. He's got really long arms, and it seems like the new regime has targeted that for their trench players.

Arm Length - 35 5/8 (92nd percentile)

10 yard split - 1.75 (90th percentile)

There is a common theme with their picks. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

If you're a big fan of Vederian, although some may confuse him with being a hockey player... 😆

Hopefully, he, along with Brandel, will be the swing tackles we need since the departure of Rashod Hill (who had a solid career, but looks like he may be done now after getting cut from Washington last training camp).  

9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

If you're a big fan of Vederian, although some may confuse him with being a hockey player... 😆

Hopefully, he, along with Brandel, will be the swing tackles we need since the departure of Rashod Hill (who had a solid career, but looks like he may be done now after getting cut from Washington last training camp).  

With Brandel in the fold, I assume they will let Udoh walk, and Lowe will be promoted to take his spot as the other OT on the roster.

• Like 1