Vikings select Jalen Nailor WR, Michigan St at #191

SemperFeist

On 5/7/2022 at 11:20 PM, wcblack34 said:

Well it’s country music. So he might have a shot. Doesn’t really take a lot of talent……

Well, today's country music isn't country music.  It's basically 90s top 40 music.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 8:31 AM, swede700 said:

Well, today's country music isn't country music.  It's basically 90s top 40 music.  

If you choose to listen to bad country music, sure. There is a LOT of good country music being made right now. 

anyhow, go Jalen Nailor!

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

If you choose to listen to bad country music, sure. There is a LOT of good country music being made right now. 

anyhow, go Jalen Nailor!

The good country music isn't the popular country music.  I watched that video above and he was so accurate...the first thing I thought of when watching that was Luke Bryan.  I absolutely despise Luke Bryan.  And that goofball Thomas Rhett...I don't even know why he's even classified as country music.  

FWIW, I've never been a fan of country music, but I grew up listening to it, so I think I know what good country music is...and this modern-day "country" ain't it...outside of a handful of artists.

Anyway, I'll move back on topic...I don't have high hopes for Nailor, but will give him a fair shake to see if he can make the bottom of the roster whether they decide to keep 5 or 6 WRs.

• Like 1

McCardell apparently really liked Nailor, and I like what I've seen from McCardell as a WR coach. He seems to have big play ability. I don't think we can expect much/any contribution from him this year, but hopefully he will develop. He has decent size and had an 8.12 RAS. So there are some tools to work with. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The Voice of the Vikings, Paul Allen, was recently asked to pick a surprise standout from the spring practices. He went with a 23-year-old newcomer attempting to land a spot at one of the most crowded positions on the roster.

Allen: “For me, it would be wide receiver Jalen Nailor. From where he was taken as deep in the draft and from what I saw at rookie camp and a little bit at minicamp, man, Jalen’s tough. He’s going to make the team, and I think he’s going to contribute. He’s a willing blocker on the field that never shies away from contact whether it’s with the ball in his hands or not. That kind of toughness and willingness to compete regardless of the job responsibility isn’t something that can be taught."

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2022/07/03/rookie-receiver-jalen-nailor-picked-surprise-standout-offseason-practices/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0C2OSVQMqPGbJzZUOJbt5Hh6F1VViaL1CQgQ9supzPlk0_WnGHdI0XlEs

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...