Pick 5 - #198 - TE Grant Calcaterra

Kiltman

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Meh. Seems like a high risk but decent reward prospect. If he gets hurt and is out of the league that will suck, but maybe it works out and he can become a solid 2nd/3rd option.

Yeah, this was my least favorite pick of the draft. I don't hate the prospect. This is where he should've gone with the concussion concerns. We needed another body at TE with the injury Tyree Jackson suffered. Guess we'll see what he has in camp. But, the fact that our "worst pick" was a mid 6th round TE who could've been selected a round or maybe two higher without the injury concerns is a welcome change.

After all the talk of the unprecedented depth of this UFA class, did you really have to spend a pick on someone with a concussion history? I'd understand if there was Jordan Mailata-esque upside. Maybe they think he has a high ceiling as a threat in the passing game? Don't know much about him to be fair, but seems like a weird choice.

11 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Meh. Seems like a high risk but decent reward prospect. If he gets hurt and is out of the league that will suck, but maybe it works out and he can become a solid 2nd/3rd option.

I mean it's not high risk though because it's pick 198. He has a pretty good chance of making the team because it seems to be pretty open behind Goedert. We'll see what happens but I think it's worth the shot to take the guy.  They talked to him and I have to assume that they have a good idea about whether he'd retire early again or not.