Round 7 Pick 234; Jonathan Ford, DT, Miami

Packerraymond

44 minutes ago, R T said:

This might be true about getting him to town in the first place,

but once he is there and settles in with an old friend just maybe keeping him on the PS is a good possibility if he doesn't make the 53. 

Question for those that have watch him play, is playing 5-tech in his game? The pictures I've seen of him is a 6'5" guy that is pretty ripped, not just the usual fatty.

Just see him too athletically limited to make that move. Slaton is a much better athlete.

It's clear to me by the investment made in Campbell and Walker that our DC has come in and changed the viewpoint on the ILB position. A pick like this and to a similar extent Wyatt (obviously a much different game, but there's a lot of tape on him handling a double pretty well) is made to protect their investment there. Campbell and Walker are not here to be Hawk and Bishop and take on guys, they're here to make plays.

• Like 5

On 4/30/2022 at 3:26 PM, Leader said:

Wes Hodkiewicz -   Jonathan Ford went middle school with TJ Slaton.

Those cafeteria workers were busy feeding future DTs. Ford stands out, literally head and shoulders above the other guys.  The same way Slaton running out of the locker room got me hype last year, he is impossible to miss.  it says nothing about their football skill, but these are giants amongst giants. 

19 hours ago, Refugee said:

Those cafeteria workers were busy feeding future DTs. Ford stands out, literally head and shoulders above the other guys.  The same way Slaton running out of the locker room got me hype last year, he is impossible to miss.  it says nothing about their football skill, but these are giants amongst giants. 

I see now the guy I was seeing is Caleb Jones, undrafted OT. 6’9 370. That is a massive human. Ford is still a beast but he and Wyatt look tiny standing next to Too Tall Jones. 

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I see now the guy I was seeing is Caleb Jones, undrafted OT. 6’9 370. That is a massive human. Ford is still a beast but he and Wyatt look tiny standing next to Too Tall Jones. 

This is Too Tall's brother, Too Wide Jones. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

This was my biggest surprise on the 53. I know little about Ford but aside from “looking good walking off the bus” it seemed Heflin and Slayton outplayed him in number of snaps and quality of snaps. I get that he’s a draft pick but a late 7th. I would guess he’s one of the first guys to move if we make changes to the roster but we’ll soon see.