#187 Nick Zakelj, OL, Fordham

Forge

Everyone is saying he's moving inside but I really think he lacks the power, especially in his base, to play along the interior exclusively. It'd be like Brunskill all over again imo. To me, he's a RT who'll need some time to develop.  But he possess some athletic traits that make him interesting.

Edited by 757-NINER

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Playing center would be interesting

It would be WRONG is what I it is. I just don't get our personnel train of thought at times with this regime. Like Burford@OG isnt as far-fetched because he does have some 'pop' with his hands. But its like we just want guys who have good feet and can wall off on the backside/playside. Forget physicality and the ability to drop your hips and anchor against more powerful, more explosive DTs....not really necessary to play for Shanny it seems.

If my memory serves me right, this guy comes from the same school that the all-time great Niners quarterback John Skelton did.   Okay, so we signed Skelton for a week back in 2013....but still.  

• 2 weeks later...