Round 7 Pick 249; Rasheed Walker, OT Penn State

Packerraymond

2 hours ago, Chili said:

Does anyone know why he fell in the draft?

He's toolsy, but not actually good at the stuff you have to teach Offensive Linemen.  The teachable stuff though *can* be taught, but it's going to take time.

Penn State regularly recruits guys who are really high end athletes for their position, then fails to maximize their physical gifts in the context of football.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

On 5/2/2022 at 8:31 AM, Chili said:

Does anyone know why he fell in the draft?

Probably was more of an early Day 3 prospect, but the humping situation probably had teams red flag him for maturity reasons.  This is the exact type of gamble you make late in the draft.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Probably was more of an early Day 3 prospect, but the humping situation probably had teams red flag him for maturity reasons.  This is the exact type of gamble you make late in the draft.

Don't take this the wrong way, do you really think that dropped him multiple rounds? I assume you are serious but that would surprise me if it was true. 

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Don't take this the wrong way, do you really think that dropped him multiple rounds? I assume you are serious but that would surprise me if it was true. 

The incident itself?  No.  But if you thought it was a pattern of immaturity?  Absolutely.

Just now, CWood21 said:

The incident itself?  No.  But if you thought it was a pattern of immaturity?  Absolutely.

Sure that's kind of where I was going with that, if that was just a sign of it

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

Sure that's kind of where I was going with that, if that was just a sign of it

I'm sure that particular play was something that multiple teams discussed with him about, and I can only imagine his agent and him rehearsed what he had to say.  You're drafting him for his physical tools since the tape was inconsistent and quite frankly underwhelming.

• Like 1