Carson Strong QB Nevada

E.J. Perry QB Brown

Kennedy Brooks RB Oklahoma

Britain Covey WR/RS Utah

Josh Sills OL Oklahoma State

Reed Blankenship S Middle Tennessee

Noah Ellis DT Idaho

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Strong is worth a flier for sure as a UDFA, but that knee must be bad for him to not get picked.

I have to eat some crow, cause I told everyone we weren't gonna pick a QB who doesn't have good mobility with knee issues. I mean technically I was right about not picking him, but I don't think I would have expected us to sign him as a UDFA either.

Wow, his knees must be really bad if teams didn't even take a 6th/7th round flier on him. Crazy for a QB with any type of tools to not get drafted and Strong definitely has some tools. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Do teams typically use a 30 visit on guys that are late round/UDFA type players? 

It varies team to team tbh and depends on how much draft capital they have like the Bears who didn't have a first round pick invited a bunch of later round guys. Sometimes getting those guys in the building can help sell them on your team for if they become a UDFA and in this case it did for Dallas.

31 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
38 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Eagles signed Noah Ellis DT Idaho 

Forreal? Damn I didn't realize he was still available. 

People talk about Jordan Davis like he's just a true NT.... not at all.

Even Kelce said on the Bleacher Report stream that he think Davis can play 0, 1 tech, 3 tech and even the 4i spot maybe in our defense.

Noah Ellis is a true NT though. Really good run stuffer.

Ah yeah. I remember hearing his brother was on our team during the draft process. 

Makes sense why he signed here.

Davis and Ellis is a lot of added beef. Kelce and Jurgens are gonna have their hands full in practice figuratively and literally speaking lol.

43 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Wow, his knees must be really bad if teams didn't even take a 6th/7th round flier on him. Crazy for a QB with any type of tools to not get drafted and Strong definitely has some tools. 

It's a bone on bone situation. He supposedly has like non-existent cartilage in his knee. it's not something that can ever get better or be surgically fixed. 

You'd think they had science to re-grow cartilage with stem cells or something by now, but it is what it is. 

Hopefully he's the Todd Gurley of QB's and we get some nice highs before the ticking time bomb knees deteriorate.

Still, nice to have a QB with a fastball throwing to our WR's in practice. EJ Perry arm pretty average iirc.

Edited by Jeezla

I feel bad for him man. Dude just wants to live out his dream. Worked really hard to get back to playing football again. 

I guess teams just are afraid to touch him and the possibility of something going wrong with the spine on a hit.

Ross knew the risks with trying to play football before he ever got the surgery and did all the rehab to get back to playing this past year. If he wants to play and he can be medically cleared I hope he gets his chance, but he’s still unsigned right now.

4 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

Eagles UDFAs thus far:

Mario Goodrich CB Clemson

Josh Jobe CB Alabama

Carson Strong QB Nevada

Reed Blankenship S Middle Tennessee

Noah Ellis DT Idaho

Literally all guys I've drafted in mock sims.