UDFA Thread

candyman93

Well spoken kid. His values are in the right spot. And it is not like 25 is ancient. Still could have a solid 5 year career.

Easy kid to cheer for. He easily could be that deep blazer we didn't draft.

The more I read about this kid, the more I like him. Now, that being said - scouting techniques and exposure of small school players are advanced enough that there are rarely any surprises. Usually,  players are undrafted for a reason. 

We'll find out if this is the case starting in July.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/06/isaiah-weston-browns-michael-woods-has-attributes-to-steal-a-roster-spot-from-michael-woods-ii/

Edited by brooks1957

19 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Isaiah Weston is just a 2 years older version of Christian Watson who was taken in the 2nd round…..

Did they play in the same conference?

He is similar too DPJ big and fast, if the hhas nfl talent the could fulfill his role on offense. 

Probably similar withh Bell and Cooper, Bell is a route runner as a strength to his play.

This dude is just the next in the long line of dudes that become fan favorites in the spring who will never make the final roster imo.

Like, if you’re that big, that athletic and that productive, I’m guessing there’s a pretty significant issue that causes you to go undrafted.

• Like 3

Spot on, LGB.

True that scouting sciences and technologies have advanced significantly over the last few years. It continues to be an inexact entity and never will be a rock solid never miss science.

That all being said - they are very, very few swings and misses in scouting evaluations. There ALWAYS is a reason a kid goes undrafted. I guarantee you if a player possesses legitimate NFL talent, skills, and speed - his name gets called prior to "Mr. Irrelevant" being announced.

In Isaiah Weston's case - I highly doubt it is an off the field weakness or character issue. Unless I have COMPLETELY misread his video interviews. Which leaves us to an on the field performance hiccup. Identifying it and determining if we can live with it, or manage it is why the Browns get together at the end of July and don't play real games until mid September.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This dude is just the next in the long line of dudes that become fan favorites in the spring who will never make the final roster imo.

Like, if you’re that big, that athletic and that productive, I’m guessing there’s a pretty significant issue that causes you to go undrafted.

This feels like a blatant cheap shot fired at Damon Chevarini

• Like 4