Overall draft impressions

LETSGOBROWNIES

We are going to find  what our coaching staff is made of from these drafts too, we haven't turned Elliot or Togiai into starters yet, we have done well with receivers imo, and oline, and linebackers as well. 

really looking for our Dbs coach and DL coach to turn these guys into players. Myles Garrett coaches himself. 

25 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think you are right when you say that we need to work on developing some of these guys past just this year. When I look at the potential of the guys we drafted versus a few of these teams though, it’s like comparing apples to watermelons. The ravens got David Ojabo as their second round pass rusher. We got Alex Wright. They got Kyle Hamilton. We traded back even further than where we started and drafted a guy who is probably going to be a second team caliber cornerback. Just being realistic. I haven’t read a single scouting report that projects him as a quality starter. I think we should have taken some bigger swings. David Bell is going to be a reliable fourth or fifth receiver. That’s how I view him, and I don’t think he has number 1/2 Wide receiver abilities. 
Aside from Winfrey and our kicker It seems that we are hoping to develop guys into guys that are good enough to just contribute on the roster. Pieces of the puzzle. But no real centerpieces.

Excellent post nate but I think

Cincinnati, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh will run for 300 yards a game against this defense. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We might be the only team in the NFL who truly values runningbacks.

They impact winning the least on offense, but that doesn’t mean they can’t make an impact.

we value explosive plays however they come.

When running works dont stop, when it isnt going so well we have to adjust.

25 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Depends on the GM/team. If Ravens/Steelers, reliably 3. If old Browns, 1 if we were lucky.

I mean, I think the organization/ownership has been the issue for is historically. When you fire the GM ever year or two there’s never going to be the continuity needed to actually build something.

With a new GM comes roster turnover as they bring in their guys.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I know he has major medical concerns, but the Browns would be wise to give a camp invite to Justyn Ross--who is somehow still not signed. That is a very very low risk a d very high reward deal.

I get why everyone is saying this, but based on his physical traits, ability, production, etc I think it’s pretty clear his medicals are atrocious.