Overall draft impressions

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get why everyone is saying this, but based on his physical traits, ability, production, etc I think it’s pretty clear his medicals are atrocious.  

Probably, but at this point why not. Its essentially free to bring him in even if there is only a 10% chance of him being the player he was pre-injury. A injured Ross is still better than 1/2 of these rando WRs we are signing in UDFA

Edited by AkronsWitness

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Probably, but at this point why not. Its essentially free to bring him in even if there is only a 10% chance of him being the player he was pre-injury. A injured Ross is still better than 1/2 of these rando WRs we are signing in UDFA

I mean, we’re not the only ones passing here.

I’m not against it or anything, I’m just saying I think it’s pretty evident there’s a legit reason why people are hard passing on the dude. 

• Like 1

I get the philosophy/strategy behind this draft, for sure. As always, it boils down to the names behind the picks. We had our pick of several nice players at #44 and traded way back. Was our favorite player at #44 better than the combo of Winfrey, York, and Emerson?

This was a "take your vitamins" year for us. Not only do we need to stock and re-stock the depth on our roster, but several starters will not be brought back in the next year or 2. Some of these mid- to late-rounders have to turn into solid depth, special teamers, and the occasional starter. If we do that, we'll position ourselves to win a championship.

If all these guys are scrubs, it doesn't matter when we took them lol.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I get the philosophy/strategy behind this draft, for sure. As always, it boils down to the names behind the picks. We had our pick of several nice players at #44 and traded way back. Was our favorite player at #44 better than the combo of Winfrey, York, and Emerson?

This was a "take your vitamins" year for us. Not only do we need to stock and re-stock the depth on our roster, but several starters will not be brought back in the next year or 2. Some of these mid- to late-rounders have to turn into solid depth, special teamers, and the occasional starter. If we do that, we'll position ourselves to win a championship.

If all these guys are scrubs, it doesn't matter when we took them lol.

This, 100%

Due to the Watson trade, we’re probably going to try to do the same thing next year.

Two guys I immediately think we lose next year are Conklin and Hunt. We probably lose Greedy too.

So we will probably trade down from 2, draft a CB with our first pick, and draft some o-line help.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Due to the Watson trade, we’re probably going to try to do the same thing next year.

Two guys I immediately think we lose next year are Conklin and Hunt. We probably lose Greedy too.

So we will probably trade down from 2, draft a CB with our first pick, and draft some o-line help.

I really think it just depends how the board falls.  I truly believe Kwesi jumped us for Booth.  Lots of rumors that we loved him, which fits with Kwesi also liking him and knowing he’d have to jump us to get him.

My takeaway is 32 teams have no idea what they're getting. All there is is hope. Rankings, big boards, mock drafts, it's all irrelevant. 

Very weak draft class all together, we threw some crap at the wall like everyone else, now we get to see if it sticks.

If we only come out of this draft with a great kicker it was a success for me. I'm so tired of watching this team lose because of missed FGs and XPs

My initial reaction was complete disdain for this draft. There were guys I liked at #44. And, watching the Ravens seem to load up with three stars made me very frustrated. Stepping back and looking at the subtlety of the picks and positions, I am feeling much better. Bell, Winfrey, and York could all be highly productive starters at important postions of need. That alone gives me comfort. Then, there are players that could step in over the next couple of years as viable replacements and quality contributors.

The composition of the team currently is completely dependent on Watson being cleared legally and staying healthy. If he is good to go, the draft over the next two years can really mirror what we did today. Stockpile for tomorrow. Grab a few productive pieces at area of need. Bulild for long-term sustained succes.

I still would have preferred Metchie and then Dean with a trade up to the 4th for Winfrey and then you still hopefully get your kicker. Hopefully one of these two project DE works out in some sort of 3rd rusher capacity. JMHO

I don’t have any real issues with the draft and get we are going to lose some dudes going forward, so hopefully this helps resolve depth and future depth.

I to be blunt, don’t believe or buy into our FO’s lack of emphasis on off ball linebackers. They’re absolutely trash outside of JOK. Walker and Phillips are horrendous, and Dean is an immediate upgrade even with his medical questions.

Metchie would excel in the slot and also have value on the outside, where as Bell will likely never contribute outside the slot.

Emerson only has value on the outside and no real versatility and was in the ~105-120 range and a reach.

I think Wright and the RB from UC have future value. 

I’m cautiously optimistic about the kicker and if he pans out that’s a huge win.

The other dudes probably won’t make the roster, so IMO trading those picks to move up into the 4-5 round and still grab one of those guys was still possible.

3 hours ago, TeHDruiD said:

Very weak draft class all together, we threw some crap at the wall like everyone else, now we get to see if it sticks.

No it’s not bro. This is going to be a very good draft class. Don’t believe the random media. This class was loaded. Especially Rounds 3-6. There’s gonna be a lot of really good players out of this draft don’t buy into that bs