2022 Early Draft Grade

Purplepride323

2022 Draft Grade  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What is your initial draft grade for the Vikings 2022 class?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

27 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I think if we started

1-12 — J Williams / J Davis

2-42 — A Booth (via trade up from 2-46 using a 5th)

That would have been a home-run. 

Or Kyle Hamilton and Andrew Booth. It would’ve made more sense, plus it wouldn’t allow the Lions to get Jameson Williams. 

4 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

Or Kyle Hamilton and Andrew Booth. It would’ve made more sense, plus it wouldn’t allow the Lions to get Jameson Williams. 

Yes it would. If they didn’t make the deal with us, they make a deal with the Texans the next pick after. 

3 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

It is definitely a polarizing draft for some.  Seeing draft grades from A to D.  
Lots of varied opinions on the trades and players.  

The analysts I’ve trusted as draft sources seem to have good marks. 

the writers I’ve never heard of are giving Ds and Fs

18 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Yeah, I don’t put much stock into the D/F grades.   
I think the most interesting player grades were Cine, Ingram and Asamoah.  

I am in the camp that doesn’t think Hamilton is a generational player and that he and Cine are pretty close. 

I do think Ingram was a bit of a reach, but there are a lot of varied opinions of him as a player.  Some really like his athleticism, blocking grade, and senior bowl tape. Others see a lower round player with mediocre traits.  One interesting thing I didn’t hear that I would expect from a second round guard is “ day 1 starter”.  

Some really loved the Asamoah pick as a fast, athletic, LB who is good is space, taking on blocks, and effective blitzer.  Others though he is a 3rd down gadget LB.  

Edited by Snake Plissken

15 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Those writers giving Ds and Fs will be much better known after you see the disastrous results of giving these WRs to our division foes.

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think the Vikings and NFC North may really regret letting Jameson Williams into the division.

If had Williams gone to Green Bay, or maybe Chicago, I might agree. But he’s in Detroit. Jared Goff doesn’t scare me regardless of who his receivers are, let alone a downfield threat. But, and probably more important than who the QB is, I’m not worried about Dan Campbell’s vision for offense, or how they’ll use Williams. 

Williams isn’t the difference between Detroit turning that roster from near the bottom to a contending one.

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If had Williams gone to Green Bay, or maybe Chicago, I might agree. But he’s in Detroit. Jared Goff doesn’t scare me regardless of who his receivers are, let alone a downfield threat. But, and probably more important than who the QB is, I’m not worried about Dan Campbell’s vision for offense, or how they’ll use Williams. 

Williams isn’t the difference between Detroit turning that roster from near the bottom to a contending one.

But Goff should be gone soon, and The ions will improve greatly.  They might not contend for the division title within the next 3-4 years.  But Williams might help The Lions win a few games over The Vikings during that time.  I hope not.  But he'd probably have gone to The Lions through another team, anyway.

1 hour ago, Viking Penguin said:

Those writers giving Ds and Fs will be much better known after you see the disastrous results of giving these WRs to our division foes.

Those trades happen with other teams if not the Vikings. I don't get how this is hard to understand.