BDL 2017 Week 10: Wichita Woodpeckers @ London Knights

DingoLadd

who wins  

13 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

• Wichita WoodPeckers
    • London Knights

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/15/2017 at 03:00 PM

BDL 2017 Week 10: 

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.

Wichita Lineup: 

Wichita Woodpeckers

QB - Jared Goff
RB - Leonard Fournette
WR - Dez Bryant
WR - Kenny Stills
TE - Cameron Brate
TE – Ben Watson
LT - Duane Brown
LG - Kelechi Osemele
C - Spencer Long
RG - Jahri Evans
RT - Austin Howard

QB - Teddy Bridgewater
RB - TJ Yeldon
WR – DeVante Parker
WR – Eric Decker
TE – Adam  Shaheen
OL - Graham Glasglow
OL - John Jerry
OL - Jeremy Parnell

DE - Brandon Graham
DT - Corey Peters
DT - A'Shawn Robinson
DE - Michael Bennett
LB - Sean Lee
LB - Luke Kuechly
CB - Reshean Melvin
FS – Harrison Smith
SS – Jabrill Peppers
NCB – Brian Poole
CB - Ken Crawley

DE - Alex Okafor
DT - Nazair Jones
DT - Pat Sims
LB - Haasan Reddick
CB - Cordrea Tankersley
CB - William Gay
CB – David Amerson
S – Ron Parker

London Lineup:

QB- Marcus Mariota
RB- Ty Montgomery
WR- Brandin Cooks
WR- Willie Snead
WR- Marqise Lee
TE- Delanie Walker
LT- Eric Fisher
LG- Kyle Long
C- Jason Kelce
RG- Zack Martin
RT- Rick Wagner

-----------------------------
RB- CJ Anderson
RB- Rob Kelley
WR- John Brown
WR- JJ Nelson
WR- Robby Anderson
WR- Donte Moncrief
OL- Dion Dawkins
OL- Cole Toner

DE- Khalil Mack
DT- Marcel Dareus
DT- Kyle Williams
DE- Jerry Hughes
LB- Kwon Alexander
LB- Mark Barron
CB- Malcolm Butler
CB- Tre'Davious White
CB- Adoree Jackson
S- Justin Evans
S- Tony Jefferson

-------------------------------------

CB- Joe Haden
CB- Rashard Robinson
DE- Jordan Willis
LB- Karlos Dansby
DT- Maliek Collins
S- Miles Killebrew
S- Marqui Christian

Wichita Gameplan:

Offense:
The key areas of weakness for London are it’s Linebacking core and safeties as Earl Thomas once again did not suit up this week. This week I will be heavily using the 2TE set as they do not have the adequate coverage personnel to both handle the double TE look with Brate and Watson while providing adequate coverage over top to defend the deep pass. 
With the big bodied targets that have some versatility, we will cut up the middle and deep patterns of their defense. Stills will intermittently run vertical routes to test deep coverage as London lacks a true FS with quality coverage ability with Thomas out of the game.

In addition, we welcome back Fournette that will be leading the balanced offense on the ground with spare touches going to Yeldon. With the additional TEs on the field, it allows us to have additional blockers on the edge to wipe out the run rush that comes off the edge and give Fournette extra room to run. We will also be pounding inside because London lacks depth at DT and once the first line of defense is worn out, and they have to rely on the backups, they will begin to struggle mightily.

The main person we need to focus on stopping on the blitz is Mack, Fournette on passing downs will provide a chip block before coming out underneath as a safety valve to provide Goff additional time in the pocket for the deep vertical.

Defense:
London sports a three headed running game with no true elite talents, as well as a triple threat at receiver in Cook, Snead and Lee, yet once again none of them are elite talents. Solid players, but not players that will be game breaking. Their TE has constantly been on the injury report yet again so we do not expect him to be at full health yet again this week.

This week we will featuring a cover one man defense with Smith playing as deep man. Peppers will move up into the box to help spy the QB run. Kuechly will keep Walker in check while Lee covers whatever RB may be inserted in the game. Melvin will line up with Cooks, Crawley on Snead and Poole in the slot.

We will bring situational blitzes to Mariota’s blindside as Fisher has not been solid this season on protecting his IRL QB’s back in most games. This will come in the form of nickel, LB or safety blitz and this will keep the extra blocker (Walker typically) from being a safety valve underneath and will let out Des hit home more often.  

Playing 7 in the box will also help stifle the run game that London doesn’t heavily use, but just in case they try to change things up, we will be prepped.

London Gameplan:

Offense
Run-Pass Read Option- We know we're facing one of the best linebacker tandems in Sean Lee and Luke Kuechly. In order to neutralize their ability to read the play pre-snap, we're going to give Marcus something he's very familiar with, plenty of run-pass read options. If the linebackers come up for the run, Marcus will sling it to one of his receiving targets. If they maintain their assignments, he'll hand the ball off to one of our stable of running backs. We'll also utilize some quarterback option runs to the edge to make sure Graham and Bennett stay honest with their assignments and not pin their ears back on rushing the quarterback only.

Feature Cooks & Montgomery- Just like last week, we're going to get creative with figuring out how to get Brandin Cooks open. He'll primarily operate from the slot for this game, exploiting the middle of the field as well as running some crossing patterns with Snead and Lee to hopefully rub off the defenders and get open with their speed. A few end-arounds and motioning him into the backfield to be part of option plays will also be added to the playbook. In addition to featuring Cooks, we're going to use the former receiver Montgomery in the backfield a lot as well, taking advantage of his pass catching ability as well as potential to run the football to keep the defense on their toes.

Run The No Huddle- We know they have two good edge rushers, but their interior defensive linemen are bigger boys. In order to slow down that edge pass rush as well as get that interior tired, we'll be running a lot of no huddle and hurry up offense. We like the speed that we have on offense, and if we can get the ball moving on a few drives, we can wear out their defensive line and allow for our offensive line to take over late in the game.

Defense
Nickel Hybrid- With the Wichita offense employing 3 receivers, we'll match up against them by adding Adoree Jackson into the starting lineup in the slot, and playing Tony Jefferson closer to the line of scrimmage. Playing primarily with 5 defensive backs will allow us to employ a variety of coverages, both man and zone as well as a mixture of both, in an effort to confuse Goff and make him hold onto the ball just a bit longer.

Blitzes- Losing Earl Thomas in the secondary hurts, and while we have confidence in our corners we don't want to keep them in coverage too long. With Tony Jefferson closer to the line and Jackson on the field, we're going to be disguising a variety of blitzes to come after Goff, overloads, two linebacker A gap blitzes, corner blitzing from the slot, etc.

4-6 Defense-  While we plan on coming out with our nickel, if Wichita goes run-heavy or feeds Fournette the ball, we'll change to a 4-6 alignment, taking Jackson out and putting in Maliek Collins on the interior alongside Dareus and Williams, playing Mack on the edge and then Hughes, Alexander, and Barron on the other side, with Jefferson also in the box. This should help eliminate the obvious run plays and give us an opportunity to force Goff into passing situations, where we'll put our Jackson and other DBs back on the field.

Wichita 21-20 over London. 

This is a really close game and I'm giving the edge to Wichita simply because Goff has been fantastic recently and I don't see London being able to run the ball all that well, though Goff would have pressure in his face all game so that evens it out.

I like what Wichita is attempting to do with their two tight end set in the passing game I just don't think Watson helps them pull it off. London has a good plan for stacking the box as well. However Butler is playing awful and is going to get beat and there will be some opportunities for Goff to make big plays with his arm and I think that is the difference maker in this game. 

8 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Wichita 21-20 over London. 

This is a really close game and I'm giving the edge to Wichita simply because Goff has been fantastic recently and I don't see London being able to run the ball all that well, though Goff would have pressure in his face all game so that evens it out.

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

I like what Wichita is attempting to do with their two tight end set in the passing game I just don't think Watson helps them pull it off. London has a good plan for stacking the box as well. However Butler is playing awful and is going to get beat and there will be some opportunities for Goff to make big plays with his arm and I think that is the difference maker in this game. 

YRtuSz2.gif

I like Wichita here although it's a very good game. I think the 2 TE setup was a good game plan and Rashaan Melvin has been excellent and I think will do enough against Cooks. I also think London struggles to run the ball and Dez Bryant should have a good game against Malcolm Butler.

Wichita's LB even with a hampered Sean Lee can make some stops against an underrated offense. The yards and points come slow for the home team but I think they may eventually establish a rhythm.  Greatest issue is I think Leonard Fournette and that two TE set have a field day.

Wichita 38 London 24

I don't think the two TE really adds much to the passing game as others as both London LB excel in coverage.  However, I think they can help in the run game

Both these teams have pretty bright futures.   For now the Goff, Fournette tandem is just too hot although PR needs to find a center as he lucked out that Long tried to play this week, even though it was briefly

26 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I don't think the two TE really adds much to the passing game as others as both London LB excel in coverage.  However, I think they can help in the run game

Both these teams have pretty bright futures.   For now the Goff, Fournette tandem is just too hot although PR needs to find a center as he lucked out that Long tried to play this week, even though it was briefly

I read the report. Gruden is working Long back in slowly. No reinjury thankfully

Archived