UDFA Thread

ttitansfan4life

I assume that most of yall, like me, don't know **** about most of these guys, so, here is a primer of all of our UDFAs (except the punter and kicker) so far, in one convenient location.

Jayden Peevy, DT, TAMU: 6'5" 308, 43 tackles, 6 TFLs, 2 sacks, 1 INT, 3 PDs, 1 QBH, and 1 FF in 2021.  5.3 sec forty, 27" vert, 100" broad.

Michael Griffin II, DB, SDSU: 6' 216, 36 tackles, 1 INT in 2021.  4.52 sec forty, 43.5" vert, 137" broad, 4.15 sec shuttle, 6.82 sec three-cone.

Sam Okuayinonu, DL, Maryland: 6'2" 280, 55 tackles, 8.5 TFL, 6 sacks, 1 QBH in 2021.  4.77 sec forty, 35.5" vert, 123" broad, 31 reps, 4.58 sec shuttle, and 7.48 sec three-cone.

David Anenih, DL, Houston: 6'2" 245, 30 tackles, 10 TFL, 5 sacks, 2 PD, 11 QBH, and 1 FF in 2021.

Andrew Rupcich, OT, Culver-Stockton: 6'6" 318.  5.31 sec forty, 27.5" vert, 108" broad.

Julius Chestnut, RB, Sacred Heart: 5'11" 228, 91 carries, 542 yards, 3 TDs in 2021.  293 carries, 1513 yards, 11 TDs in 2019.  4.61 sec forty, 22 reps, 34" vert, 9'5" broad, 4.34 sec shuttle, and 7.03 sec three-cone.

Haskell Garrett, DL, Ohio St: 6'2" 300, 22 tackles, 7 TFLs, 5.5 sacks, 1 PD, 1 KB, and 1 FR TD in 2021.  5.07 sec forty, 24" vert.

Tre Swilling, DB, Georgia Tech: 6' 196, 33 tackles, 2 TFLs, 1 sack, and 4 PDs in 2021.  4.67 sec forty, 37" vert, 126" broad, 15 reps, 4.15 sec shuttle, and 6.81 sec three-cone.

Jack Gibbens, LB, Minnesota: 6'3" 242, 92 tackles, 4.5 TFLs, 3 PDs, 3 QBHs, and 1 FF in 2021.  4.82 sec forty, 14 reps, 34" vert, 9'9" broad, 4.2 sec shuttle, and 7.02 sec three-cone.

Hayden Howerton, OL, SMU: 6'3" 300, 5.24 sec forty (5.06 from another source), 36 reps, 32" vert, 8'10" broad, 4.7 sec shuttle, 7.78 sec three-cone.

Reggie Roberson Jr, WR, SMU: 5'11" 192, 51 rec, 625 yards, 6 TDs in 2021.  22 rec, 474 yards, 5 TDs in 2020.  29" vert, 114" broad.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

History says we one or two of these guys will make the roster. 

Garrett, Roberson, Anenih, and the kicker and punter stand out as immediate potential guys.  Two athletic DBs, but it'll be really tough to make the roster as a DB.  With Farley, Fulton, McCreary, Molden, and Jackson, there's maybe one spot for a CB open.  Safety isn't any better with Byard and Hooker, along with a Jackson as the SS type.  Maybe one spot.

Howerton might have a chance if he can bump inside, or if they really do plan on Radunz being a guard.

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Garrett, Roberson, Anenih, and the kicker and punter stand out as immediate potential guys.  Two athletic DBs, but it'll be really tough to make the roster as a DB.  With Farley, Fulton, McCreary, Molden, and Jackson, there's maybe one spot for a CB open.  Safety isn't any better with Byard and Hooker, along with a Jackson as the SS type.  Maybe one spot.

Howerton might have a chance if he can bump inside, or if they really do plan on Radunz being a guard.

Anenih was the one to me that looks like he could stick. Beat out Oly maybe?  

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Anenih was the one to me that looks like he could stick. Beat out Oly maybe?  

Yeah, that could be an easy position to win a spot on.  Landry, Dupree, and Weaver are shoo ins.  Ola will be tough to beat out IMO, but there's still easily room for one more.  And no one else jumps out.

I forgot that we signed DaShawn Hand for DL, so that group might be more competitive.  Simmons, Autry, and Tart are the only locks IMO.  But Jones did well as a rookie, Hand has some playing time under his belt as a rotational guy, and Murchison still could do something.  Probably only two spots between those three and the UDFAs.  Maybe three.  So that'll be difficult.

WR will be an easy path forward.  Burks, Woods, NWI, and Phillips are probably all locks.  One of McMath or Dez will probably stick, but they'd definitely be willing to cut one or both.  Everyone else is probably gone, except a UDFA, if they do enough.  Really hope we sign one of the remaining free agents, because unless a rookie blows up or one of the rookies from last year looks like a completely different player, it's a super weak group.

Hard to find too many other spots where there's a real chance though.

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, that could be an easy position to win a spot on.  Landry, Dupree, and Weaver are shoo ins.  Ola will be tough to beat out IMO, but there's still easily room for one more.  And no one else jumps out.

I forgot that we signed DaShawn Hand for DL, so that group might be more competitive.  Simmons, Autry, and Tart are the only locks IMO.  But Jones did well as a rookie, Hand has some playing time under his belt as a rotational guy, and Murchison still could do something.  Probably only two spots between those three and the UDFAs.  Maybe three.  So that'll be difficult.

WR will be an easy path forward.  Burks, Woods, NWI, and Phillips are probably all locks.  One of McMath or Dez will probably stick, but they'd definitely be willing to cut one or both.  Everyone else is probably gone, except a UDFA, if they do enough.  Really hope we sign one of the remaining free agents, because unless a rookie blows up or one of the rookies from last year looks like a completely different player, it's a super weak group.

Hard to find too many other spots where there's a real chance though.

I'd say Naquan Jones is a lock. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, renndawg37 said:

I'd say Naquan Jones is a lock. 

You're probably right.  But we've also seen DLs play well as rookies then fall off before.  Remember Isaiah Mack?  I'm just always hesitant to think of them as locks and get disappointed.

When I say lock, I'm thinking of guys that make the roster no matter what happens elsewhere, even over guys that look better than them, and I don't know if he's there yet.

But yeah, I would feel pretty comfortable betting that he makes the roster.

Reggie Roberson Jr will not only make the roster he will be making impact plays on this team THIS YEAR. And a couple years down the road as well. Him and Malik long ball gonna be crazy LOL

Edited by VY-FTW