UDFA

Louis Friend

Another sleeper:  RB Julius Chestnut

JULIUS CHESTNUT | SACRED HEART | RB | 5110 | 228

The dynamic Sacred Heart runner put on quite a show for the NFL scouts in attendance. The hefty back blazed a 4.47 and 4.49 during his forty-yard dash runs, adding 22 bench press reps of 225 pounds, a 34.5” vertical jump, 9-5 broad jump and 7.06 three-cone time. He flashed and dashed. Now, Chestnut hopes to cash in his ticket, as he checked off every box at pro day. There is an outside chance that he hears his name called during the 2022 NFL Draft.

Lions so far:

WR Kalil Pimpleton, Central Michigan
DT Demetrius Taylor, Appalachian State
RB Greg Bell, San Diego State
OT Obinna Eze, TCU
WR Corey Sutton, Appalachian State
TE Nolan Given, Southeastern Louisiana
WR Josh Johnson, Tulsa
TE Derrick Deese Jr., San Jose State
CB Cedric Boswell, Miami Ohio

Can't say as I'm impressed with any of these, but what do I know, these are off the end of the big board guys anyway, obviously

Edited by Superduperman

Josh Johnson is an excellent (sleeper) wr that should’ve been drafted in the 5th

pimpleton is from Muskegon and was a burner at CMU catching deep balls and returning kicks (returned 2 against WMU last year)

Deese is a big TE who can catch and run

Taylor was a beast at app state, always in the backfield and around the ball

Sutton was the best wr in the sunbelt after he transferred from Kansas a few years ago. He was hurt at the end of last year

eze was another guy who should’ve been drafted late. Has potential as a swing tackle but needs to be coached up.

I can see Pimpleton/Johnson/Taylor and maybe Sutton having very real shots at making the roster. The rest should get stashed on the PS

Edited by Miblue
  • Like 1

I am pretty excited over Obinna Eze.  You don't see a lot of people who are 6'6", 321 Lbs, 36-inch arm length and hands that are a shade under 10-inches.  It seems like he will need to work on his knee-bend and technique while developing better lower body strength but you can see the potential for him to become a dominant right tackle or swing tackle.  If he can get his technique down, his penchant for penalties should go away.  He will definitely benefit from working around guys like Taylor Decker, Penei Sewell, Jonah Jackson and Frank Ragnow.