The Marvel Cinematic Universe- X-Men 97 trailer (March 20)

Acgott

18 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Neither was Iron Man at one point. It still doesn’t dictate choosing the weaker storylines. 

As opposed to all the strong She-Hulk storylines like . . . 

She was created to, of all things, present a legal challenge in case the producers of the Bionic Woman TV show wanted to introduce a she-hulk character. This wasn't exactly a labor of love.

Her character ranges from, at best a cheap knockoff to at worst a boring *** Mary Sue where she gets all the powers of the Hulk and none of his limitations. 

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

As opposed to all the strong She-Hulk storylines like . . . 

She was created to, of all things, present a legal challenge in case the producers of the Bionic Woman TV show wanted to introduce a she-hulk character. This wasn't exactly a labor of love.

Her character ranges from, at best a cheap knockoff to at worst a boring *** Mary Sue where she gets all the powers of the Hulk and none of his limitations. 

I just meant as far as do you want dumb Hulk 2.0 or not?  It’s redundant and already been done before. Thank you for your cursory google search tho. 

29 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I just meant as far as do you want dumb Hulk 2.0 or not?  It’s redundant and already been done before. Thank you for your cursory google search tho. 

The character is redundant and has already done before, that's the entire point.

The options are to either do an entirely new story (Guardians of the Galaxy) or microwave something (Batwoman). There isn't a Ragnorak or Civil War laid out there waiting to be repurposed for the big screen. 

20 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The character is redundant and has already done before, that's the entire point.

The options are to either do an entirely new story (Guardians of the Galaxy) or microwave something (Batwoman). There isn't a Ragnorak or Civil War laid out there waiting to be repurposed for the big screen. 

We got a glimpse of a smart Hulk in Endgame but not even close to what can be done. The dumb hulk is what’s redundant, not the smart one.  I’m going to go out on a ledge and say you haven’t read it but John Byrne’s legendary run on She-Hulk is acclaimed for a reason. Her time in both the Fantastic Four and Avengers were a lot of fun.  She has so much more potential than D-listers (that’s  being generous) like the Eternals and they’re getting their own big screen movie. 

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, thrILL! said:

We got a glimpse of a smart Hulk in Endgame but not even close to what can be done. The dumb hulk is what’s redundant, not the smart one.  I’m going to go out on a ledge and say you haven’t read it but John Byrne’s legendary run on She-Hulk is acclaimed for a reason. Her time in both the Fantastic Four and Avengers were a lot of fun.  She has so much more potential than D-listers (that’s  being generous) like the Eternals and they’re getting their own big screen movie. 

Why does she have more potential?   What makes her so much different?    Im serious....I know very little about She Hulk, but I will say I dont see it being very successful, because it feels like yet another forced move, and not a natural progression of the Avengers universe....and I dont see fans responding to that, especially depending how the character is portrayed.

I see Etetnals bombing too, FWIW, but I dont know much about them either, so who knows.

Eternals better have a helluva storyline or it'll be The Inhumans 2.0 for Marvel.  Now, Eternals has a ton more star power attached to it than Inhumans did, so it does have that going for it.

The only way She-Hulk is going to work is if as a Disney+ series, they take some huge risks and have at least some of those risks pay off.  The worst thing they could do is pull a Terminator move and kill off regular Hulk in the first episode.

I would say Eternals and She-Hulk have similar potential in that they are super flexible in terms of how they fit in the MCU. They both have different origins/characters and so little is known outside of the hardcore comic readers that you don't have to force anything, just adapt them to what you need within the universe. From all I have heard of the plot of the Eternals movie, that is exactly what they are doing. These characters are going to expand on the existing world, not get tacked on to it. 

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I would say Eternals and She-Hulk have similar potential in that they are super flexible in terms of how they fit in the MCU. They both have different origins/characters and so little is known outside of the hardcore comic readers that you don't have to force anything, just adapt them to what you need within the universe. From all I have heard of the plot of the Eternals movie, that is exactly what they are doing. These characters are going to expand on the existing world, not get tacked on to it. 

That's a good point, cause you aren't going to get a loud outcry about changing them like you would a bigger hero. No "but Superman doesn't kill" backlash like Snyder got.

With some of the additional characters coming in the other shows/movies like Monica Rambeau, She-Hulk, Ms Marvel, Moon Knight.

Then Shang-Chi, Blade and some of the Eternals in the films...(plus all the young avengers the are setting up)

It really adds to this ever revolving team-up options approach they seem to be going in. Most of them have been an Avenger or on another popular team in their history.
There are so many team-up stories in the comics that they can tweak to fit too. Makes it easier for them to extend their contracts with people or keep them around longer by benching them for a bit with movies still on their deal.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

That's a good point, cause you aren't going to get a loud outcry about changing them like you would a bigger hero. No "but Superman doesn't kill" backlash like Snyder got.

Exactly. Guardians of the Galaxy is proof in the pudding. They changed these characters so much and it was so popular, the MOVIE is more the source material for the COMICS at this point. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Exactly. Guardians of the Galaxy is proof in the pudding. They changed these characters so much and it was so popular, the MOVIE is more the source material for the COMICS at this point. 

Spot on.  I didn't rush out to see GotG because I remembered reading them when they first came out, but not really being that into it.  

26 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I actually liked Civil War more on rewatches.  Zemo is a top 5 villain for me in the MCU, so I hope they don't ruin him in Falcon and Winter Solider.

Yeah he was great. In fact, a weakness of CW is how much they did a poor job fleshing his story out more. But it was packed otherwise.