The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

MCU is going full stupid.

I hate everything that has been announced since Endgame. 

Not one good thing? 

Just curious what you wanted. Not saying your opinion is wrong or anything.

There is gonna be content like every 3 months now (even less with the episodes if they are weekly), not all of it will be everyone’s bag.

26 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Not one good thing? 

Just curious what you wanted. Not saying your opinion is wrong or anything.

There is gonna be content like every 3 months now (even less with the episodes if they are weekly), not all of it will be everyone’s bag.

I wanted them to get away from the alternate stuff.  I really hate that.  I felt they ended it perfectly with Endgame and I feel now like continuing to play with alternate realities just messes it up way too much.

I’m also not interested in the cosmic side much at all.  Thor and Guardians yeah, but I wanted Thor to be near Earth I guess.

I also wanted mutants.  I felt they should have been the foundation going forward.  I just feel like the MCU is no longer working towards anything.  Maybe I’m wrong and all this leads to something big for the next ten year major finale type movie, but I doubt it.  

Also not really a fan of their Spider-Man.  I feel like they’re selling him short.  They should have ended his high school days after Endgame and had him a little bit more grown up.  They CERTAINLY should have him a bit more grown up now, but it seems like they’re going to continue babying him with previous Spidermen and Strange mentoring him.

Plus I just really want mutants.

• Like 1

You can't fast forward Spider-Man without fast forwarding all of the MCU.  He's 15-16 years old when he's brought back in Endgame, and even then, it's supposed to be 2023.  He won't even be 20 for about 7 more years if they want to the MCU to catch up to real time.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

You can't fast forward Spider-Man without fast forwarding all of the MCU.  He's 15-16 years old when he's brought back in Endgame, and even then, it's supposed to be 2023.  He won't even be 20 for about 7 more years if they want to the MCU to catch up to real time.

With COVID, it's going to feel like 5 years later when we finally get new MCU content

32 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I wanted them to get away from the alternate stuff.  I really hate that.  I felt they ended it perfectly with Endgame and I feel now like continuing to play with alternate realities just messes it up way too much.

I’m also not interested in the cosmic side much at all.  Thor and Guardians yeah, but I wanted Thor to be near Earth I guess.

I also wanted mutants.  I felt they should have been the foundation going forward.  I just feel like the MCU is no longer working towards anything.  Maybe I’m wrong and all this leads to something big for the next ten year major finale type movie, but I doubt it.  

Also not really a fan of their Spider-Man.  I feel like they’re selling him short.  They should have ended his high school days after Endgame and had him a little bit more grown up.  They CERTAINLY should have him a bit more grown up now, but it seems like they’re going to continue babying him with previous Spidermen and Strange mentoring him.

Mutants are coming, I am sure of it. They are just playing it close to the chest. 

I agree with @Outpost31 about Spider-Man.   He isnt being done that well.   He was fine at first, but he feels more like Iron Man Jr than Spider-Man in the MCU.    Far From Home was a weak movie after multiple viewings.   His character took zero steps forward.    I know he is still only 16, but Tom Holland is gonna be about 26 by the next Spidey.   They have to fast forward about 5 years.    Not sure why you couldnt do that.   This would be the perfect time.

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Fair enough,

To tie your 1st and 3rd point together it very much seems like the goal for the next 4/5 years is to totally screw with the timeline and multiverses to bring about Kang. Like it’s a way to tie what they did in endgame and make it matter for the next big thing. So they at least have a plan for it, it’s also just in some of the properties...though I’m sure more will be affected by it too.

I think they are are also potentially doing this to do Secret Wars. I think both all the multiverse shenanigans and Secret Wars are going to be a way to introduce certain characters. Especially the mutants and Fantastic 4 in a way that removes the question of “where the hell were you when this happened?”

I’m actually surprised they didn’t go harder on the cosmic side of things. Eternals I admit I am also like whatever about until we see something. But GotG3, Thor should be great again. Captain Marvel 2 will have a lot of cool characters in it.

We’ll get a bunch of more traditional stuff the next couple years too. Black Widow, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther 2, She-Hulk, Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Blade. But certainly gonna get weird for a bit. 

Im wondering if they are going the route from the comics with Spidey 3 with how he took back his secret identity. Mephisto might be too far of a stretch, but Doctor Strange fits into that. I agree I want to see him more on his own but it’s kind of a deal with the devil in a similar way. Marvel wants to make him so tied to the MCU that Sony can’t rip him out, and Sony wants those Avengers tie-one to add a couple hundred mil to their earnings. They said this first trilogy would all be high school, so maybe he goes more on his own in Spidey 4-6.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 43M said:

I agree with @Outpost31 about Spider-Man.   He isnt being done that well.   He was fine at first, but he feels more like Iron Man Jr than Spider-Man in the MCU.    Far From Home was a weak movie after multiple viewings.   His character took zero steps forward.    I know he is still only 16, but Tom Holland is gonna be about 26 by the next Spidey.   They have to fast forward about 5 years.    Not sure why you couldnt do that.   This would be the perfect time.

Yeah, I'd kinda like to see them skip ahead a few years for SM3 and hopefully focus less on his connections with Stark. Peter in the comics was a genius and we've really yet to see that at all.

1 minute ago, D82 said:

Yeah, I'd kinda like to see them skip ahead a few years for SM3 and hopefully focus less on his connections with Stark. Peter in the comics was a genius and we've really yet to see that at all.

Except creating his own webbing, his understanding of the multi-dimensional physics of the multi-verse at the age of 15, and being able to step in and handle state of the art technology on the Stark jet sight unseen

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Except creating his own webbing, his understanding of the multi-dimensional physics of the multi-verse at the age of 15, and being able to step in and handle state of the art technology on the Stark jet sight unseen

*Insert foot in mouth* 😑

• Like 2

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, his intelligence isnt the issue.

He just hasnt grown much as a character since being introduced into the MCU, despite everything he has been through.   He has had his hand held almost the entire way.    Given his age, I get it....but they need to give him a movie where he has to sink or swim without Tony Stark, Happy, Nick Fury, SHIELD, Dr Strange or anyone else showing up to help him or giving him a pep talk.

50 minutes ago, 43M said:

Yeah, his intelligence isnt the issue.

He just hasnt grown much as a character since being introduced into the MCU, despite everything he has been through.   He has had his hand held almost the entire way.    Given his age, I get it....but they need to give him a movie where he has to sink or swim without Tony Stark, Happy, Nick Fury, SHIELD, Dr Strange or anyone else showing up to help him or giving him a pep talk.

That seems like an unrealistic ask. Tony needed Pepper to beat Obadiah. Tony needed Rhodey and Natasha to beat Whiplish. Tony had Rhodey and Pepper to help him beat Killian (technically he didnt even beat him). Thor needed Jane to make him worthy. Thor needed Jane for her science sticks in Dark World and Loki prior to that. Thor needed the Revengers for Ragnorok and they didnt even beat Hela. Captain America had a whole team in First Avenger. Cap had Natasha and Falcon in Winter Soldier. Cap had a whole team in Civil War. 

If the big three never did it alone, why are we asking Spider-Man?

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast